Singapore Expats Forum

Canadian Embassy / Migration to Canada

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

gotta_think
Regular
Regular

Canadian Embassy / Migration to Canada

Postby gotta_think » Sat, 19 Mar 2005 11:47 pm

I am planning to migrate to Canada. Anyone know where's the embassy located? Do you suggest to hire a consultant or apply directly to them?

Hope you could help me. Thanks! :)

Aurora
Regular
Regular

Postby Aurora » Sun, 20 Mar 2005 3:02 am

80 Anson Road #14-00
Fuji Xerox Towers

Try both!

Postby Guest » Mon, 21 Mar 2005 1:41 pm

hi there, thanks for your response. I am actually thinking to hire a consultant for this one, but they said that the price is a total rip off. Is this true? Is it possible for me to process it by myself? Which Canadian Immigration website should I go (since there are seems a lot out there..).

Thanks again!

Jaspaul

Canadian Immigration

Postby Jaspaul » Thu, 24 Mar 2005 9:50 am

Well,

It all depends on whether you've got sufficient points to get you through. All these agents do, is advise on the required documents which you do not have for submission. There are a few classes as well, like Skilled workers, Business, and the Family Class

I applied sometime last year directly to the embassy here in Singapore submitting all the documents required to my best knowledge. Final time to decision takes ard 16-36mths depending on whether an interview is required.

The official website is www.cic.gc.ca

Cheers!

Strong Eagle

Re: Canadian Embassy / Migration to Canada

Postby Strong Eagle » Thu, 24 Mar 2005 10:33 am

gotta_think wrote:I am planning to migrate to Canada. Anyone know where's the embassy located? Do you suggest to hire a consultant or apply directly to them?

Hope you could help me. Thanks! :)

I took a look at the the Canadian immigration website. You can do a pre check of yourself with spending a lot of time or money.

Do you have at least one year's of experience in their qualified skilled workers list? More would be better no doubt. If yes, keep going, if no... try again later. Take their test.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/skilled/assess/index.html

Do you have funds of at least $10,000 Canadian to support yourself, or do you have a job offer already? If yes, keep going, in no... well...

Check out the details... you'll know pretty quick... and if you are deficient you can specifically ask any "consultant" how they will get around them.

gotta_think
Regular
Regular

Postby gotta_think » Thu, 24 Mar 2005 11:30 pm

hi strong eagle, thanks for replying. ive taken the assessment test and i got exactly 67. im not quite sure if i will get the same thing when i apply in the embassy though. i am going to save up money for about a year plus in order to reach C$10000... might take that long but I am determined. :wink: anyway, i am not really in a hurry so i think i should be okay.

if i am going to hire a consultant, i think i will be needing more money for them to help me process my paper. i just hope that i could though. are they requiring you to stay a particular number of years here in singapore before you can apply to Canada? or as long as you pass the assessment and have the budget is already enough?

wahaha

Re: Canadian Embassy / Migration to Canada

Postby wahaha » Sat, 26 Mar 2005 7:13 pm

You realize the quickest way to get to Canada is to become a caregiver. You have to work as one for 2 yrs before you can become a citizen. I found it while I was trying to help someone get to Canada, although I'm American. It's lucky I found this website while I was looking for work in Singapore hehe, otherwise you might never have found out abt this.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/irpa/fs%2Dcaregivers.html
Audi A6 2.7T

eh+lah

Postby eh+lah » Mon, 09 May 2005 12:31 pm

send more details about the caregiver role?

Rima Thapa

Postby Rima Thapa » Thu, 29 Dec 2005 3:06 pm

Helllo everyone,

plz help me out!! Now im in Nepal but im coming to Singapore on the march and my family membrs are in Siongapore 2. n anyone have agencies info or contact dat i can appy to student visafrom Singapore to Canada in a beautician school. Inned it ASAP!!
Be HaPpY

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 29 Dec 2005 3:29 pm

eh+lah wrote:send more details about the caregiver role?

Hey stranger! Long time no hear. Hope you had a Merry Xmas and are planning on a good New year (along with CNY!) Welcome back!

eh+lah

Postby eh+lah » Fri, 30 Dec 2005 1:59 am

[quote="sundaymorningstaple"][quote="eh+lah"]send more details about the caregiver role?[/quote]

Hey stranger! Long time no hear. Hope you had a Merry Xmas and are planning on a good New year (along with CNY!) Welcome back![/quote]

ummm that was a very very old post, i haven't been around for the longest time.

wassup?

months later still no followup info.

riversandlakes
Reporter
Reporter

Postby riversandlakes » Fri, 30 Dec 2005 4:43 am

My application is going into the 3rd year running. Still "In Progress" since July 2003. I think that's amazing in itself, considering I scored about 76?
I applied on my own, spending only on the application fee, and nothing else. Absolutely no need for consultants.

It's for the best I think. My perceptions on where I see myself in 5-10 years are evolving further and further away from Toronto. One day it might just snap clean :twisted:
Goatboy will always cherish his former goatgirl.
But the world is full of fluffier ones.

eh+lah

Postby eh+lah » Fri, 30 Dec 2005 8:38 am

did you read about toronto's gun wars? gun violence in toronto's getting from bad to worse.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 30 Dec 2005 9:21 am

:oops!:
Anyway, it got you to post, so welcome back? :mrgreen:

Rima Thapa

no news?

Postby Rima Thapa » Fri, 30 Dec 2005 4:12 pm

hmm Still no news huh? No agencies contact and how the hell am i going to do it myself.. Help la HELp la!!

Bie
Be HaPpY