Singapore Expats Forum

LTVP Approval Rate

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

One World International School
rossb9

LTVP Approval Rate

Post by rossb9 » Wed, 21 Oct 2020 8:32 pm

Hi Guys

I've been offered a role and currently going through the EP application.

My question was around the LTVP acceptance rate at the moment. We were due to get married this. year but postponed because of COVID so still technically unmarried.

We are contemplating with still getting the marriage registered to go down the dependent route. However, I wanted to see if the LTVP was a viable option too as from what I can see it's for common-law spouses (confirmed via affidavit Etc)

We are both from the UK and in late 20s.

Thanks in advance

kevinkev2k7

Re: LTVP Approval Rate

Post by kevinkev2k7 » Thu, 22 Oct 2020 12:16 pm

Hi,

In my opinion, LTVP approval rate is way much higher than EP or Spass. Before I get my LTVP, I have tried to apply for an EP and 3 times they rejected my application. Then since my wife hold SPR then we choose to register for common-law spouses in ROM Singapore and apply for LTVP and it got approve in less than a week with 1 year expiry date.

I also has renewed my LTVP since the expiry date is January 2021, I apply during last weekend and it only took 2 days for their approval, now Im waiting for the formalities.

So I think LTVP approval rate is a lot better then working pass under EP or Spass for me.

PNGMK
Governor
Governor

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 22 Oct 2020 12:22 pm

I agree. There is no quota for LTVP really but there is for EP and SPass. Once you pass the hurdles for LTVP it's almost an auto approval.

However OP I don't think common law marriage from the UK is going to work because you need the fat lazy bastards at the BHC to provide a letter for it and they won't, being fat lazy over paid bastards.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

myprivatelife1988

Post by myprivatelife1988 » Mon, 09 Nov 2020 3:33 pm

Suggest you get PMLA done first and see the outcome. When you apply with PMLA, you will most likely get LTVP.

MOCHS

Post by MOCHS » Tue, 10 Nov 2020 8:16 am

myprivatelife1988 wrote:
Mon, 09 Nov 2020 3:33 pm
Suggest you get PMLA done first and see the outcome. When you apply with PMLA, you will most likely get LTVP.
You’re giving the wrong information. PMLA is only for non-resident spouses of Singapore citizens. OP and his/her SO are not Singapore citizens.