Singapore Expats

REP 2020

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
malcontent
Manager
Manager
Answers: 8

Re: REP 2020

Post by malcontent » Sat, 28 Nov 2020 2:19 pm

smoulder wrote:
Sat, 28 Nov 2020 11:50 am
No SGC application now?
Let’s see how the Georgia runoff goes, that’ll determine how deep the doo doo will be :wink:
Last edited by malcontent on Sat, 28 Nov 2020 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it - Niels Bohr

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Sat, 28 Nov 2020 2:20 pm

mudkips wrote:
Fri, 27 Nov 2020 11:14 am
Hey OP. I got a 1 Year REP renewal as well, last week.

Residing in Singapore and haven't left place in 5 years. PR for more than 20 years and in my 30s (single, never married, not male, biiiig South Asian country, no kids). Not employed at the moment though.

It's a bit strange that you've been employed gainfully and only got 1 year and not maybe 3 years :(. However, I have seen many posts here where they got the 5-year renewal and next year, hopefully with the COVID possibly better, here's hoping you get the 5-year one :love:.

My email from them was very worrying and it sounded like they wanted me to wrap up an existing bond and settle any outstanding matters and leave immediately. When I called and inquired, they said my renewal next year depends on if I have a job. When I asked if my PR itself will get cancelled, they said if I don't leave the country, it won't be but I can't come back inside.

When a place lets me know I'm not welcome, I don't know how to move forward. It's been home longer than the place I was born. Many years ago, I went to ask Lavender if I was eligible for SC but they said my salary was too low to even apply, so I never did.
malcontent wrote:
Tue, 03 Nov 2020 3:42 pm
I’m guessing the ideal PR candidate for SC is more likely to be upwardly mobile, the world is their oyster... they probably have many attractive options, of which Singapore is just one. They need Singapore less than Singapore needs them. The opposite is probably true for those who got a lucky approval at the time, especially if they haven’t lived up to the desired potential.
True that :-k.

Edit: On hindsight, I might have only gotten a year because they want me out of here whereas they want OP to apply for SC. The cookie crumbles the way it crumbles and when life gives you 🍋 and so on.
Sorry to hear this. Since they granted you PR under PTS, they expect you to be employed to renew the REP. They are not saying, not welcome, etc.

ilovefhf

Post by ilovefhf » Wed, 16 Dec 2020 9:52 am

is there any way to attach a cover letter for REP renewal?

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 16 Dec 2020 11:41 am

ilovefhf wrote:
Wed, 16 Dec 2020 9:52 am
Why do u need to do that?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 16 Dec 2020 6:16 pm

ilovefhf wrote:
Wed, 16 Dec 2020 9:52 am
please keep your question to a single thread so all the replies remain in one location.....

viewtopic.php?p=837090#p837090
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

kyzyrkyzyl

Post by kyzyrkyzyl » Thu, 29 Jul 2021 4:08 pm

Hello everyone,

Just a little update. So sorry I haven’t been catching up. I am very thankful for all your replies :)

I am a Chinese female(25y/o) for those who are curious. I’ve applied for citizenship last Nov 2020 (when I posted this thread). So far no news, it’s still on “pending” status. As for the REP, I’ll update here again when it expires in Sep 2021.

kyzyrkyzyl

Post by kyzyrkyzyl » Thu, 29 Jul 2021 4:17 pm

mudkips wrote:

Residing in Singapore and haven't left place in 5 years. PR for more than 20 years and in my 30s (single, never married, not male, biiiig South Asian country, no kids). Not employed at the moment though.

It's a bit strange that you've been employed gainfully and only got 1 year and not maybe 3 years :(. However, I have seen many posts here where they got the 5-year renewal and next year, hopefully with the COVID possibly better, here's hoping you get the 5-year one :love:.

My email from them was very worrying and it sounded like they wanted me to wrap up an existing bond and settle any outstanding matters and leave immediately. When I called and inquired, they said my renewal next year depends on if I have a job. When I asked if my PR itself will get cancelled, they said if I don't leave the country, it won't be but I can't come back inside.

When a place lets me know I'm not welcome, I don't know how to move forward. It's been home longer than the place I was born. Many years ago, I went to ask Lavender if I was eligible for SC but they said my salary was too low to even apply, so I never did.
malcontent wrote:
I’m guessing the ideal PR candidate for SC is more likely to be upwardly mobile, the world is their oyster... they probably have many attractive options, of which Singapore is just one. They need Singapore less than Singapore needs them. The opposite is probably true for those who got a lucky approval at the time, especially if they haven’t lived up to the desired potential.

Edit: On hindsight, I might have only gotten a year because they want me out of here whereas they want OP to apply for SC. The cookie crumbles the way it crumbles and when life gives you 🍋 and so on.
Hi there ! Sflr! It is a a little concerning since previously it used to be a 5 years REP. I’m still gainfully employed in healthcare sector. Hopefully they don’t just kick us out :o wishing you the best too!

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 29 Jul 2021 4:49 pm

kyzyrkyzyl wrote:
Thu, 29 Jul 2021 4:17 pm
mudkips wrote:

malcontent wrote:

Hi there ! Sflr! It is a a little concerning since previously it used to be a 5 years REP. I’m still gainfully employed in healthcare sector. Hopefully they don’t just kick us out :o wishing you the best too!
If you are still working in SG and residing here, nothing to worry.