Singapore Expats

SPR REP Expired 4months possible to get the renew done while i am overseas?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
bin.tan

Post by bin.tan » Wed, 21 Oct 2020 12:32 am

Due to Covid locked down, i am currently stuck in Malaysia and not be able to travel back to Singapore. Today my company called me and asked by CPF why they are still contributing my CPF? then... I only found out my PR REP had expired on Jun 2020.

May i know what i can i do now to renew my REP and resume my Permanent Residence status and continue contribute my CPF?

therat
Editor
Editor
Answers: 2

Re: SPR REP Expired 4months possible to get the renew done while i am overseas?

Post by therat » Wed, 21 Oct 2020 12:21 pm

ask ICA

jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jamie9vardy » Wed, 21 Oct 2020 12:35 pm

bin.tan wrote:Due to Covid locked down, i am currently stuck in Malaysia and not be able to travel back to Singapore. Today my company called me and asked by CPF why they are still contributing my CPF? then... I only found out my PR REP had expired on Jun 2020.

May i know what i can i do now to renew my REP and resume my Permanent Residence status and continue contribute my CPF?
Since your REP has expired, you need make a trip down to ICA.

“If your REP has expired, you will need to submit your application in person. You must book an appointment using e-Appointment. On the day of your appointment, you will need to bring your completed application form and supporting documents”

Why didn’t you renew it when it’s supposed to be done online? As a PR you could have returned to SG, serve your SHN, get swabbed and sort out your affairs. But you chose to stay on in Malaysia and demonstrate to ICA you are not that permanent a resident after all?

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 22 Oct 2020 8:38 am

bin.tan wrote:
Wed, 21 Oct 2020 12:32 am
Due to Covid locked down, i am currently stuck in Malaysia and not be able to travel back to Singapore. Today my company called me and asked by CPF why they are still contributing my CPF? then... I only found out my PR REP had expired on Jun 2020.

You "might" get it back but it won't be easy. You could have renewed your REP online from Malaysia.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 22 Oct 2020 12:45 pm

I just renewed my REP a week ago purely online with a VISA card. Easy-Peasy. I think you might have problems as the government made it easy to do so due to covid. Good Luck. (you might get by with a fine and a one year REP to clean up your affairs, failing which you would lose your PR).
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers