Singapore Expats

Calling for parents of students AND students! :)

Post here for survey, questionnaire or poll for our expat members.
jereldlimjy

Calling for parents of students AND students! :)

Post by jereldlimjy » Tue, 20 Oct 2020 12:25 am

Hi everyone! I’m an undergrad at NUS and I’m working on an EdTech project that aims to provide on-demand tuition at much lower rates compared to traditional tuition.

TLDR on how it works: You (or your child, if you are a parent) make a request for a consultation, along with details of what you have trouble with (such as a photo of the question/description of the topic which you need explanations for) and a preferred timing for the consultation. Tutors on the platform will be able to see your request, and you’ll be paired up with the tutor that “accepts” your request. The consultation will take place online afterwards, over a video conferencing platform such as Zoom. We’ll be charging a flat fee of $5 for each consultation at this point! (will be adjusting the prices along the way once we gather more information)

We’re still in the super early stages of market validation, but we’re hoping to survey both parents and students over Zoom to find out more about their pain points and see how we can help solve

If you're a parent and think that this might be useful to your child, or if you’re a student who could use a tutor to help you when you’re facing difficulties mugging at the last minute for exams, or simply to clarify certain topics/concepts, do let me know and I'll be more than happy to have a quick interview with you over Zoom!

Alternatively, you can also contact me via email at [email protected] or on Telegram at @jereldlimjy for more information. Thanks! :)

abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Re: Calling for parents of students AND students! :)

Post by abbby » Tue, 20 Oct 2020 5:53 pm

We've had zoom tuition before during phase 1..not the most ideal setting as showing notes and workings seemed to have its difficulty.. Results were also most ideal and satisfactory when there's face to face interaction.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)