Singapore Expats

My Ex-Employer paid me less than what was on contract, can i claim remaining salary ?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
stargate4ever

Re: My Ex-Employer paid me less than what was on contract, can i claim remaining salary ?

Post by stargate4ever » Fri, 16 Oct 2020 4:11 pm

Hello,

Thank You for the feedback everyone, I have not sent this yet and have also read all the suggestions / comments. Yes to a point i agree with both of you, like said earlier I know my ex-company will not clear the dues until call to further action is added. However I would not want to create any legal problems for myself at this time.

I will try to talk with a legal counsel first (lets hope they don't cost more than what the company owes me) :-P

if the price is too high, I will just file a claim at TADM.

Will keep you posted as things progress.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: My Ex-Employer paid me less than what was on contract, can i claim remaining salary ?

Post by PNGMK » Sat, 17 Oct 2020 10:17 am

A letter of demand will be a couple hundred bucks from a solicitor. A lot less than screwing it up or ending up with a trumped up charge of attempted extortion.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Post by abbby » Sun, 18 Oct 2020 10:24 am

Drop the company an email with the shortfall of salary tabulate month by month what they owe you. In addition, cc MOM the email that you send to the company.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)