Singapore Expats

Help! How to send an appeal to MOM re: Permission to marry a singaporean

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club
Yan0823

Help! How to send an appeal to MOM re: Permission to marry a singaporean

Post by Yan0823 » Sun, 11 Oct 2020 3:53 am

Hi all,

I'm an ex WP holder. We recently sent an application to MOM for an approval to marry my long time partner. Last week we got a negative result and we are trying to make an appeal.

Quick background:

I met my aprtner year 2014 after my WP expired and went back to my home country. He's divorce is still underway so we never got the chance to apply for an approval to mom. Then I got pregnant. My daughter now is 5yrs old and I am currently pregnant to our second child. He just got his final judgment last month. So we decided that now is the time to get married and ask for approval to MOM. However, after 2 weeks we got a rejection from them stating that I violated the t&c of my WP. I got pregnant w/o securing an approval. Thats our lapse on our side, we "thought" that the only not allowed is to marry w/o approval. We jist found out tgat Getting pregnant also is not allowed. We ttied to reply to MOMs email and sent also an email to MP. But still no reply. Anyone herr knows where to send an appeal and how?

Thank you in advance for your help.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: Help! How to send an appeal to MOM re: Permission to marry a singaporean

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 22 Oct 2020 12:23 pm

You're out of luck Yan, SMS has a whole sub story about this.

The one thing you could do is try to apply for SC for the children (or even a student's pass) to get a decent education and live with their father.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

therat
Editor
Editor
Answers: 2

Post by therat » Thu, 22 Oct 2020 3:01 pm

PNGMK wrote:
Thu, 22 Oct 2020 12:23 pm

The one thing you could do is try to apply for SC for the children (or even a student's pass) to get a decent education and live with their father.
dont think the children will able to get SC.

An illegitimate child’s citizenship status depends on whether the child’s mother is a Singapore citizen.

The Constitution of the Republic of Singapore requires the mother of the illegitimate child to be a Singapore citizen in order for the child to acquire citizenship by birth. Therefore, if the child’s mother is not a Singapore citizen, the child will not be able to acquire Singapore citizenship by birth even his or her biological father is a Singapore citizen. Having an Adoption Order will not, in itself, affect the citizenship status of the child.

Quote from
https://singaporelegaladvice.com/why-mi ... he%20child.

Yan0823

Post by Yan0823 » Tue, 27 Oct 2020 12:42 am

PNGMK wrote:
Thu, 22 Oct 2020 12:23 pm

Thats the thing, even our kids cant also apply for SC or even Long tem pass or Student pass since in the eyes of Singapore our kids are born illegitimate. I went to ICA to ask how many years I got banned they said to ask mom about that. But when I called mom, they said they cannot disclose info regarding that and just email the work pass division.

The current pandemic made us realize that time is short, and we should be surrounded by those dearest to us. Our small family is the only thing that was able to keep us sane during the past months.

kk69

Post by kk69 » Thu, 29 Jul 2021 3:08 am

Hi yan,

so how is your case now?