Singapore Expats Forum
 

PR Application advise, Bad or Good please come

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
ironhulk1993
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri, 09 Oct 2020 12:54 pm

PR Application advise, Bad or Good please come

Post by ironhulk1993 » Fri, 09 Oct 2020 1:04 pm

Hi everyone,

Feel free to comment!

Applied twice while i was in secondary and poly under MP scheme, before that the student scheme for PR haven't open until i left polytechnic haha.


Age : 27
Race : Chinese (Malaysian)
Highest Education : Diploma (Ngee Ann Poly)
Currently pursuing my part time degree in NTU EEE, expected to graduate in 2022
Current Field of Work : Bio Science
Job: Engineering Assistant
Experienceof work : 3 years
Length of stay in SG : 15 years (Was here since primary 4)
Salary : 30K
Pass : SP
Parents: Dad Singaporean(Deceased) , Mom Malaysian(Healthy)

I was wondering am i the only one with this kind of complicated status?
Dad Singaporean, Studies here since Primary school, But applied twice and it got rejected.


Hope you all can give me some advise, bad or good are welcome.
Last edited by ironhulk1993 on Fri, 09 Oct 2020 4:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

therat
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 668
Joined: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 2:23 pm

Re: PR Application advise, Bad or Good please come

Post by therat » Fri, 09 Oct 2020 1:57 pm

How come ur dad is Singaporean and you are Malaysian?
You male or female?

ironhulk1993
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri, 09 Oct 2020 12:54 pm

Re: PR Application advise, Bad or Good please come

Post by ironhulk1993 » Fri, 09 Oct 2020 2:02 pm

therat wrote:
Fri, 09 Oct 2020 1:57 pm
How come ur dad is Singaporean and you are Malaysian?
You male or female?
@therat

I wasn't born here. i was born in Malaysia. Came here since 12yr old.
i am a male

therat
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 668
Joined: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 2:23 pm

Re: PR Application advise, Bad or Good please come

Post by therat » Fri, 09 Oct 2020 2:23 pm

You see ah

Your dad is Singaporean.
You are male.
You come to Singapore at age of 12
You apply twice and failed

What does it tell you?

You need to know hor. Singapore chenghu has a long memory

ironhulk1993
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri, 09 Oct 2020 12:54 pm

Re: PR Application advise, Bad or Good please come

Post by ironhulk1993 » Fri, 09 Oct 2020 2:32 pm

therat wrote:
Fri, 09 Oct 2020 2:23 pm
You see ah

Your dad is Singaporean.
You are male.
You come to Singapore at age of 12
You apply twice and failed

What does it tell you?

You need to know hor. Singapore chenghu has a long memory
tell me :???:

TropicalExpat
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 294
Joined: Thu, 28 May 2020 5:02 pm

Re: PR Application advise, Bad or Good please come

Post by TropicalExpat » Fri, 09 Oct 2020 2:34 pm

Look up the letters:
N
S

ironhulk1993
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri, 09 Oct 2020 12:54 pm

Re: PR Application advise, Bad or Good please come

Post by ironhulk1993 » Fri, 09 Oct 2020 3:23 pm

TropicalExpat wrote:
Fri, 09 Oct 2020 2:34 pm
Look up the letters:
N
S
Do you know that if you are not a PR you are not eligible for NS?
Even if you surrender yourself to NS they wont take you also, unless you are a PR.
My first time was 14 and 2nd was 17

TropicalExpat
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 294
Joined: Thu, 28 May 2020 5:02 pm

Re: PR Application advise, Bad or Good please come

Post by TropicalExpat » Fri, 09 Oct 2020 3:40 pm

What is the MP scheme for PR?

ironhulk1993
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri, 09 Oct 2020 12:54 pm

Re: PR Application advise, Bad or Good please come

Post by ironhulk1993 » Fri, 09 Oct 2020 3:45 pm

TropicalExpat wrote:
Fri, 09 Oct 2020 3:40 pm
What is the MP scheme for PR?
Means my dad bring me go down GRC to see MP and they write recommended letter to ICA. :shock:

TropicalExpat
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 294
Joined: Thu, 28 May 2020 5:02 pm

Re: PR Application advise, Bad or Good please come

Post by TropicalExpat » Fri, 09 Oct 2020 3:47 pm

Hmmmm I wonder if they were cautious that you applied for PR and not citizenship (since your dad is citizen, you were automatically eligible for citizenship).

ironhulk1993
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri, 09 Oct 2020 12:54 pm

Re: PR Application advise, Bad or Good please come

Post by ironhulk1993 » Fri, 09 Oct 2020 3:50 pm

TropicalExpat wrote:
Fri, 09 Oct 2020 3:47 pm
Hmmmm I wonder if they were cautious that you applied for PR and not citizenship (since your dad is citizen, you were automatically eligible for citizenship).
I like your fast response bro!

Let's throw the past aside and what do you think the chance of me getting it for this time round?

TropicalExpat
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 294
Joined: Thu, 28 May 2020 5:02 pm

Re: PR Application advise, Bad or Good please come

Post by TropicalExpat » Fri, 09 Oct 2020 4:02 pm

The problem which many people will raise here is that you should have got PR (or citizenship) and thus should have served NS. You were eligible in terms of age and in terms of parentage, but you didn't serve. I'm not going to lay blame here, as other members of this site are far more capable than i am at that ...


Anyway, if we leave out the NS issue, which is significant, your application would typically lean on the side of success given your nationality and ethnic group.
What stands against you, is your very low salary, and your degree level.

ironhulk1993
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri, 09 Oct 2020 12:54 pm

Re: PR Application advise, Bad or Good please come

Post by ironhulk1993 » Fri, 09 Oct 2020 4:12 pm

TropicalExpat wrote:
Fri, 09 Oct 2020 4:02 pm
The problem which many people will raise here is that you should have got PR (or citizenship) and thus should have served NS. You were eligible in terms of age and in terms of parentage, but you didn't serve. I'm not going to lay blame here, as other members of this site are far more capable than i am at that ...


Anyway, if we leave out the NS issue, which is significant, your application would typically lean on the side of success given your nationality and ethnic group.
What stands against you, is your very low salary, and your degree level.
Thanks for taking your time to response, really appreciate here :love:

"The problem which many people will raise here is that you should have got PR (or citizenship) and thus should have served NS."
Yes i understand what you trying to say. Everybody say the same things" your dad are a Singaporean why you are not?" " why you didnt apply for citizenship?"
Honestly i tried and i thought i 100% will get it when i was 14, however it got rejected. (My dad decease around this age)
When i was 18, i tried to write in again and told them i am able to surrender myself to NS if PR or citizenship was granted. But got rejected again. I was thinking is it because my dad was not around anymore that's why they don't accept me, but you know when ICA reject you, they wont let you know the reason.


"What stands against you, is your very low salary, and your degree level."
Yes that's right, but a fresh grad in engineering field can only earn that much with Diploma.
Trying my best right now to get my degree.


Really appreciate your replies though.

ironhulk1993
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri, 09 Oct 2020 12:54 pm

Re: PR Application advise, Bad or Good please come

Post by ironhulk1993 » Fri, 09 Oct 2020 4:16 pm

Press wrong
Last edited by ironhulk1993 on Fri, 09 Oct 2020 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ironhulk1993
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri, 09 Oct 2020 12:54 pm

Re: PR Application advise, Bad or Good please come

Post by ironhulk1993 » Fri, 09 Oct 2020 4:17 pm

.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests