Singapore Expats

Query on exit permit application overseas

Do you have a question about National Service (NS) in Singapore? Discuss it here.
lordnewbiez

Query on exit permit application overseas

Post by lordnewbiez » Tue, 06 Oct 2020 8:12 pm

Hi, can I ask if we can apply for exit permit overseas? E.g if I am overseas originally on visitor visa but get married, can I apply for the exit permit for 1 year with the newly obtained documentary proof that the marriage PR visa is being processed, whilst being physically overseas?

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: Query on exit permit application overseas

Post by PNGMK » Wed, 07 Oct 2020 10:34 am

lordnewbiez wrote:
Tue, 06 Oct 2020 8:12 pm
Hi, can I ask if we can apply for exit permit overseas? E.g if I am overseas originally on visitor visa but get married, can I apply for the exit permit for 1 year with the newly obtained documentary proof that the marriage PR visa is being processed, whilst being physically overseas?
Apply for 364 days. You should not need a bond then.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

lordnewbiez

Post by lordnewbiez » Wed, 07 Oct 2020 1:07 pm

Thanks for the reply! You mean it's recommended to still apply for exit permit in SG , maybe say for overseas holiday trips less than a year (no docs), then after getting the visa , I can renew the exit permit accordingly with the new proof?

I am mainly worried that they will think I am trying to escape SG. Normally ppl apply for the original exit permit with proof of work etc, so this case scenario is a bit unique that I am applying it because the purpose of visit has changed from visiting to either having a bridging PR visa or having permanent employment there (as result of the new visa), whilst physically overseas.

Wala

Post by Wala » Tue, 26 Jul 2022 6:43 am

How old are you? Exit Permit for NS? Thot u need it when 13years old till 18yrs old then serve NS?