Singapore Expats Forum

Military?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

JWill79

Military?

Postby JWill79 » Sat, 19 Mar 2005 2:41 am

I may sound crazy but I was wondering if perhaps after obtaining permanent residence I might be able to enlist or go to officer school. I am a US citizen and white, would that effect my chances in any way? Again, call me crazy, I just might be.

????

Postby ???? » Thu, 07 Apr 2005 6:12 pm

you will have to serve national service if you obtain PR status... whether you can get into the officer school will depend on your performance during the 1st 3 mths of training... but if you are interested in signing on (perm career in SAF), then you can sign on as an officer.. you will have a much higher chance of being accepted depending on your education level.. being a white shouldn't be a big problem

????

Postby ???? » Thu, 07 Apr 2005 6:15 pm

you will have to serve national service if you obtain PR status... whether you can get into the officer school will depend on your performance during the 1st 3 mths of training... but if you are interested in signing on (perm career in SAF), then you can sign on as an officer.. you will have a much higher chance of being accepted depending on your education level.. being a white shouldn't be a big problem

Postby Guest » Sat, 09 Apr 2005 3:42 am

You don't have to serve NS if you are a first generation PR. Alternatively, if you are looking into going into the army before you get your PR, look for the enlistment officer at CMPB (do a google) and state your claim. If you satisfy their requirements, you will be given a PR and enlisted into the army / navy / air force as a PR holder.