Singapore Expats

Probability to get PR Approved for 2020-2021

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Baiju

Probability to get PR Approved for 2020-2021

Post by Baiju » Wed, 30 Sep 2020 5:24 pm

Hi All,

I seek everyone's knowledge about probability of getting our PR for 2021-2022.
Details:

Myself - Employment Pass; 34 years; Annual Salary - 78K + 1 month bonus; Oil & Gas Industry; been working here for 6 years joined as a planner to current position of site manager
Wife - Dependent;28years; Annual Salary - 48K + 1 month bonus; IT (working for gov company); working for 6+ months.

Nationality: Indian

1) We're doing generous donations every month in terms of money or help as and when we see any individual (doesn't have any emails; feeding of this data. Mentioned so that people don't think that we are interested in volunteering to ONLY get PR and aren't genuinely caring about mingle with the community in all ways we can) ;

2) have been actively into volunteering before COVID came and can't see any such openings since Feb this year (this to for places where nobody asked for our information to reflect same in our profile/ or I am not sure if they handle it separately before we knowing);

3)we're aiming to sum up at least 50K in bank balance if that's can help us get through PR;

4) This will be our first time applying for PR.

We really wish to be here till eternity. Please suggest us with your opinions on things we can do to prove ourselves to be useful for this country/to its mankind; what additional good we can do for people so that in real terms ICA can select us in terms on our efforts and interest than just being "lucky".

Appreciating all the comments in advance. Thank you.

TropicalExpat
Chatter
Chatter
Answers: 1

Re: Probability to get PR Approved for 2020-2021

Post by TropicalExpat » Wed, 30 Sep 2020 5:45 pm

Baiju wrote:
Wed, 30 Sep 2020 5:24 pm
Hi All,

Details:

Myself - Employment Pass; 34 years; Annual Salary - 78K + 1 month bonus; Oil & Gas Industry; been working here for 6 years joined as a planner to current position of site manager
Wife - Dependent;28years; Annual Salary - 48K + 1 month bonus; IT (working for gov company); working for 6+ months.

1) We're doing generous donations every month in terms of money or help as and when we see any individual (doesn't have any emails; feeding of this data. Mentioned so that people don't think that we are interested in volunteering to ONLY get PR and aren't genuinely caring about mingle with the community in all ways we can) ;

2) have been actively into volunteering before COVID came and can't see any such openings since Feb this year (this to for places where nobody asked for our information to reflect same in our profile/ or I am not sure if they handle it separately before we knowing);

3)we're aiming to sum up at least 50K in bank balance if that's can help us get through PR;

We really wish to be here till eternity. Please suggest us with your opinions on things we can do to prove ourselves to be useful for this country/to its mankind; what additional good we can do for people so that in real terms ICA can select us in terms on our efforts and interest than just being "lucky".

Chances seem pretty low in my opinion.
First, and most important, your ethnicity stands against you.
With that in mind, compared with your cohort of financial services Indians, your salaries seem quite low (combined).
What is your wife doing? Is she working on some special quantum computing or big data analytics?

Volunteering does not seem to be any help in applications.

What good can you do? You need to think about things differently.
How are you contributing to Singapore society and economy as a whole vs what will you take from it?
Your wife appears to be at the age where you might be considering to have family. If you become PR and she has a child, she will take time out, and may not work anymore. Your family will then become a net drain on the economy.

What can you do to increase your chances? Increase your salaries, and wait until you've both been contributing taxes for a much longer time.

Hey, there is nothing stopping you from applying if you want to.

Baiju

Post by Baiju » Wed, 30 Sep 2020 6:14 pm

Thank you for responding and giving us insights. I really appreciate your efforts of writing. THANK YOU

Baiju

Post by Baiju » Wed, 30 Sep 2020 6:18 pm

TropicalExpat wrote:
Wed, 30 Sep 2020 5:45 pm
Baiju wrote:
Wed, 30 Sep 2020 5:24 pm
Hi All,

Details:

Chances seem pretty low in my opinion.
First, and most important, your ethnicity stands against you.
With that in mind, compared with your cohort of financial services Indians, your salaries seem quite low (combined).
What is your wife doing? Is she working on some special quantum computing or big data analytics?

Volunteering does not seem to be any help in applications.

What good can you do? You need to think about things differently.
How are you contributing to Singapore society and economy as a whole vs what will you take from it?
Your wife appears to be at the age where you might be considering to have family. If you become PR and she has a child, she will take time out, and may not work anymore. Your family will then become a net drain on the economy.

What can you do to increase your chances? Increase your salaries, and wait until you've both been contributing taxes for a much longer time.

Hey, there is nothing stopping you from applying if you want to.
Thank you for responding and giving us insights. I really appreciate your efforts of writing. THANK YOU

Akatial

Post by Akatial » Sun, 27 Dec 2020 8:01 am

Hello Everyone,

I am planning to apply for PR as I have been working in Singapore for more than 2 years as married couple and would like to try my chances.

Result: 1st attempt received Rejection within in 5 months.

Some details:

1. Both have 4 year bachelors degrees.
2. Experience working in South korea, Malaysia, india and Singapore.
3. Filed 1 tax only. Been here for 2 years only.

Race : Indian
Marital Status : Married.
Kids: No
Religion : Hindu
Education : Bachelors and diploma
Spouse Education: Masters
Current Field of Work : IT/Software and IT/hardware
Length of stay : 2 years
No of tax return filled : 1
Salary : 110k+
Spouse salary:85k+
Pass : EP and DP

I am quite new to this forum, would be really grateful for any help or guidance .
 Thank you

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 27 Dec 2020 3:30 pm

I would suggest you spend some time on here researching threads on this subject. You will soon understand you have been here not long enough. A minimum of three tax assessments or two full year assessments (12 months income on each, meaning over 24 months of consecutive employment). Additionally, unless you have had at least one EP renewal (before you apply) it is also not likely to happen. My suggestion is to wait at least 1 more year before you re-apply as you have already applied and were rejected (with a probability of rejection being from the above reasons). Applying so soon again only shows ICA you are desperate and possibly afraid of losing you position so are trying to find a way to stay in Singapore instead of having to return to India. Also, unless your data input has changed, the outcome is likely to be exactly the same. (your wife's credentials matter naught on your application).
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

iopo63

Post by iopo63 » Sun, 27 Dec 2020 6:01 pm

Hi all,
Can you help me access the probability to get PR in 2021?
I am planning to apply Jan 2021.
My profile
Myanmar
Single
Been in Singapore for 9 years
Education - Local Polytechnic ( 3 years )
- Degree ( 2 years - part time )
- Post Graduate Diploma (NUS) ( 1 year)

Working experience - 4 years ++ ( Mechatronics)
Now working as Software Engineer
Salary - 40k annual , 50k including bonus
thank you so much.

peteadmin

Post by peteadmin » Sun, 10 Jan 2021 5:15 pm

[deleted]
Last edited by peteadmin on Sun, 10 Jan 2021 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Sun, 10 Jan 2021 6:56 pm

peteadmin wrote:
Sun, 10 Jan 2021 5:15 pm
Hi All. I am going to apply for PR for the first time this year.

Profile:
Job: Data Engineer
Nationality: Vietnamese
Length of stay in Singapore: 6 years
Working in Singapore: 2 years
Annual salary: S$70,000 (EP P1 Holder)
Serving the Tuition Grant bond with MOE Singapore till 08/2023
Qualifications: Master Degree in NUS and Bachelor Degree in another university in Singapore
Letter from my company (an MNC with head office in Germany)

Please help advise my chance of getting PR approval. Thanks All 🙏
4th duplicate post

peteadmin

Post by peteadmin » Sun, 10 Jan 2021 6:59 pm

[deleted]
Last edited by peteadmin on Sun, 10 Jan 2021 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

peteadmin

Post by peteadmin » Sun, 10 Jan 2021 7:01 pm

peteadmin wrote:
Sun, 10 Jan 2021 6:59 pm
[deleted]

Thunder2021

Post by Thunder2021 » Tue, 26 Jan 2021 10:13 am

Hi Experts, I have few questions regarding to the PR application

1. The PR consultant(paid service) will help to write the 3500 characters major achievement in the employment section, does that help?
2. Will buy a condo here help to increase the chance to get PR?
3. How ICA evaluate the integration of applicants in Singapore?

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 26 Jan 2021 10:17 am

Thunder2021 wrote:
Tue, 26 Jan 2021 10:13 am

1. The PR consultant(paid service) will help to write the 3500 characters major achievement in the employment section, does that help?
1. No
2. Not really
3. If ICA was to publish that info, all will try to do it to get PR?

Thunder2021

Post by Thunder2021 » Tue, 26 Jan 2021 11:12 am

singaporeflyer wrote:
Tue, 26 Jan 2021 10:17 am
Thunder2021 wrote:

1. No
2. Not really
Thank you for your reply, I found that the 3500 characters major achievement is only place applicant can express themselves. Is it better to wait after this year's tax filling to apply PR?

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 26 Jan 2021 11:40 am

Thunder2021 wrote:
Tue, 26 Jan 2021 11:12 am
singaporeflyer wrote:
Tue, 26 Jan 2021 10:17 am
Thunder2021 wrote:

1. No
2. Not really
Thank you for your reply, I found that the 3500 characters major achievement is only place applicant can express themselves. Is it better to wait after this year's tax filling to apply PR?
You can go ahead and apply if 3 years of tax statement is there. ICA can easily get the future statements from IRAS.