Singapore Expats

Probability to get PR Approved for 2020-2021

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Re: Probability to get PR Approved for 2020-2021

Post by singaporeflyer » Sun, 03 Apr 2022 12:16 am

Yowsers wrote:
Sat, 02 Apr 2022 9:19 pm
Question: I have a PR application pending (EP) for 11 months. My wife is on the application and received a new passport last week (old one <6 months left and travelling out of Singapore for a week). We have updated the EPOL system which links our FIN and Passport. Do we need to update ICA on this? I only ask because in the ICA portal, it only has a link to update change of address, change of employment, marital status and education. If its none of these, do i need to inform? If so how?
Some of them had options to submit documents online via the icr pr enquiry portal. If you have the option, pls do and drop them an email.

sg_fp

Post by sg_fp » Sun, 03 Apr 2022 5:00 pm

Hi All,

I will be receiving a salary increment (could be upto 25%) coming up in April and will have new letter stating my salary my April End. I applied for PR in Dec'21 and will be coming to 4 months in April. Shall I drop them an email regarding this change? I am sure this will not move the needle - it will bring my annual salary to 170K per year (excluding bonuses etc). But thinking it is worth the effort to do it as soon as possible as I have heard most people receive rejections at 4 months mark.

Any guidance or similar experience here will be helpful.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Sun, 03 Apr 2022 6:53 pm

sg_fp wrote:
Sun, 03 Apr 2022 5:00 pm
Hi All,

I will be receiving a salary increment (could be upto 25%) coming up in April and will have new letter stating my salary my April End. I applied for PR in Dec'21 and will be coming to 4 months in April. Shall I drop them an email regarding this change? I am sure this will not move the needle - it will bring my annual salary to 170K per year (excluding bonuses etc). But thinking it is worth the effort to do it as soon as possible as I have heard most people receive rejections at 4 months mark.

Any guidance or similar experience here will be helpful.
Update after 2 to 3 months of payslip. Send payslip also to ICA. But on a separate note we have heard of rejections only at 4 months. We have heard of many at 6,9,12,15 months too

PartyLike-A-Russian
Regular
Regular

Post by PartyLike-A-Russian » Sun, 03 Apr 2022 8:00 pm

Hi sundaymorningstaple,

A friend of mine is applying for PR, and we've had a long conversation. I am saying that each salary change should be a separate record in the employment history. He is saying that having one record per company with the latest salary is fine as long as the position is the same.

What do you think?

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Sun, 03 Apr 2022 8:52 pm

PartyLike-A-Russian wrote:
Sun, 03 Apr 2022 8:00 pm
Hi sundaymorningstaple,

A friend of mine is applying for PR, and we've had a long conversation. I am saying that each salary change should be a separate record in the employment history. He is saying that having one record per company with the latest salary is fine as long as the position is the same.

What do you think?
For each company - quote the last salary is ok. Within SG, ICA will have a view of whatever salary has been declared to MOM during EP Application/renewal/updates

PartyLike-A-Russian
Regular
Regular

Post by PartyLike-A-Russian » Sun, 03 Apr 2022 9:54 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Sun, 03 Apr 2022 8:52 pm
PartyLike-A-Russian wrote:
Sun, 03 Apr 2022 8:00 pm
Hi sundaymorningstaple,

What do you think?
For each company - quote the last salary is ok. Within SG, ICA will have a view of whatever salary has been declared to MOM during EP Application/renewal/updates
To be honest, I was 70% sure each salary record should be present :) But OK, now I admit I was wrong :oops:

darez

Post by darez » Sat, 09 Apr 2022 1:54 am

Sharing a successful PR application. It was my first attempt and I was surprised (but glad!) to receive the approval in less than a year from the date of application.

a/s/l: Mid 30s, single male
Nationality: Indonesian
Race: Chinese
Religion: x
Education: Used to study here in grade school for a few years, but went back due to asian financial crisis. Graduated from university of sydney, worked a few years in aussie before moving to work here.
Salary: 100k/annum
Tax returns: 2 times

Unsure if it helped my application, but I have an older sibling who got PR several years ago, then just got sg citizenship last year, is married to a local, and together they have a sg citizen son. They were the ones who recommended me to try apply PR last year without delay, since EP requirements are getting higher and there are less EP holders because of covid and because now I have a family who has obtained sg citizenship.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Sat, 09 Apr 2022 7:21 pm

darez wrote:
Sat, 09 Apr 2022 1:54 am
Sharing a successful PR application. It was my first attempt and I was surprised (but glad!) to receive the approval in less than a year from the date of application.

a/s/l: Mid 30s, single male
Nationality: Indonesian
Race: Chinese
Religion: x
Education: Used to study here in grade school for a few years, but went back due to asian financial crisis. Graduated from university of sydney, worked a few years in aussie before moving to work here.
Salary: 100k/annum
Tax returns: 2 times

Unsure if it helped my application, but I have an older sibling who got PR several years ago, then just got sg citizenship last year, is married to a local, and together they have a sg citizen son. They were the ones who recommended me to try apply PR last year without delay, since EP requirements are getting higher and there are less EP holders because of covid and because now I have a family who has obtained sg citizenship.
Not surprised. Congratulations

Yowsers

Post by Yowsers » Sat, 09 Apr 2022 9:29 pm

Hi question,

I have a pending PR application (ep + dp family) sitting for approx 10 months. The time has come to renew my EP with my employer self-initiating the process. Would this have any impact in my PR application (eg, If EP is approved, ICA may think “he is ok for another 3 years?” Or conversely, if approved it may show im still adding value here lol). Already been in sg 9 years and this is my 3rd application (first application was single - rejected. 2nd was married - rejected, 3rd is with wife and son - pending approx 10 months)

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Sun, 10 Apr 2022 12:55 pm

Yowsers wrote:
Sat, 09 Apr 2022 9:29 pm
Hi question,

I have a pending PR application (ep + dp family) sitting for approx 10 months. The time has come to renew my EP with my employer self-initiating the process. Would this have any impact in my PR application (eg, If EP is approved, ICA may think “he is ok for another 3 years?” Or conversely, if approved it may show im still adding value here lol). Already been in sg 9 years and this is my 3rd application (first application was single - rejected. 2nd was married - rejected, 3rd is with wife and son - pending approx 10 months)
Renewal has no impact on ongoing PR application.