Singapore Expats

Probability to get PR Approved for 2020-2021

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
minpotism

Re: Probability to get PR Approved for 2020-2021

Post by minpotism » Thu, 08 Apr 2021 10:54 am

Lisafuller wrote:
Thu, 08 Apr 2021 10:52 am
minpotism wrote:
Thu, 08 Apr 2021 10:46 am
singaporeflyer wrote:
Thu, 08 Apr 2021 10:44 am
It is not just the salary. Pass type, quota etc will also matter.
agree... tho no harm trying :)

forgot to mention that my kid is currently in local school P2 as well.
That’s the right mindset to have. I’m not sure the type of school your child attends will have any bearing on your application. At the very least, it shows intention to integrate into local society which should be looked upon favorably.
hihihi. i just hope that my kid's performance at school have some a bit of weigh or something... especially foreigner getting slot to a local school really tough... one of many stress of Pass holder parents here in Singapore

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 08 Apr 2021 1:04 pm

minpotism wrote:
Thu, 08 Apr 2021 10:54 am
Lisafuller wrote:
Thu, 08 Apr 2021 10:52 am
minpotism wrote:
Thu, 08 Apr 2021 10:46 am

agree... tho no harm trying :)

forgot to mention that my kid is currently in local school P2 as well.
That’s the right mindset to have. I’m not sure the type of school your child attends will have any bearing on your application. At the very least, it shows intention to integrate into local society which should be looked upon favorably.
hihihi. i just hope that my kid's performance at school have some a bit of weigh or something... especially foreigner getting slot to a local school really tough... one of many stress of Pass holder parents here in Singapore
I don’t think his grades or achievements will be looked at at all, if that’s what you’re referring to. It’s nice that you managed to get him a place in a local school, but I doubt his performance, whether good or bad, will make a difference.

KazerO

Post by KazerO » Thu, 26 Aug 2021 11:20 am

Hi All,

I am Singapore Citizen age 39 Chinese.
Has been working for 2 decades as a Manager but unemployed in 2020 due to covid and also pregnancy. Give birth on March 2021 and start working in a new company as a Manager again in May 2021.

I applied for PR for my husband's second time last year on 1 October 2020 as his sponsor this time around since we are married. My husband is Chinese national Age 35 from China and has been working as a trailer driver for 7 years and 2 years in F&B till current

We got married in 2019 Dec and I applied for LTVP and got approval in Feb 2020.

1) First PR application was rejected in 4th month of application due to the company folded in 2019 June

2) Second Application after a long wait from 1 Oct till now 23 August 2021 I got an email from ICA to furnish my husband family details, Submitted their details on 25 August 2021. Now pending in status.

I wonder if this is a positive sign, as the first PR application we are not married yet did not ask for husband family details eg: Siblings and parents name and date of birth, and their employment details.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 26 Aug 2021 11:54 am

Most importantly, was your husband every or still on a Work Permit (WP)? If so did you/he apply for permission to marry from the MOM and get approval? Husband's family details, take it as a need for more information sign. Neither positive nor negative. Depends one how they view the information and whether giving him PR will incur a lot of additional family baggage later. It will also let them know of any links with the CCP or not. Just take it as additional information required and give it to them. But, before we can make any guesstimates, please give us answers to my first two questions.

sms
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 26 Aug 2021 12:07 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Thu, 26 Aug 2021 11:54 am
Most importantly, was your husband every or still on a Work Permit (WP)? If so did you/he apply for permission to marry from the MOM and get approval? Husband's family details, take it as a need for more information sign. Neither positive nor negative. Depends one how they view the information and whether giving him PR will incur a lot of additional family baggage later. It will also let them know of any links with the CCP or not. Just take it as additional information required and give it to them. But, before we can make any guesstimates, please give us answers to my first two questions.

sms
Since they got LTVP approval, I will assume that the WP part was taken care of.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 26 Aug 2021 12:19 pm

Not so. This is the conundrum. Go back and read my early posts about My nephew, who married a 'pinoy woman who work here on both a WP and subsequently an S pass. All contracts were finished and she had returned to the 'peens. But they had known each other for a while, so while he was still in NS he flew to the 'peens, married her and brought her back to Singapore. She was already pregnant so they gave her a 1 year LTVP so she could have the baby in Singapore. The Father was S'porean, therefore the baby got SGC even though she was pinoy. Unfortuantely for my nephew the baby was a girl, so useless to Sg as they only did it to possibly have an SGC Boy for cannon fodder.

At the end of the one year, SG refused to renew her LTVP and she was sent packing back to the 'peens because they failed to get permission from the MOM. The law is 'if you have EVER work here on an S pass you have to get permission from the MOM'. They didn't, I am the one who has been paying every since as the husband has turned out to be worthless, the baby only has SGC so cannot stay in the 'peens, thereby absolving the mother of actually being a mother (she's not unhappy). And the nephew is worthless as tits on a boar hog. So, my wife, being the reincarnation of Mother Theresa (she likes to think) took her in "temporarily". That was 14 years ago. The little girl is taller than I am and will shortly be 15 and still living with me. The nephew? He thinks he's got no responsibility and the SG Gov't won't relent on the ban. The whole thing sucks.

If he is/was on a WP and they didn't get permission, she is liable to end up having to raise her baby by herself (or possibly have to immigrate to China if she wants to stay with the husband - if he loses his job here - F&B). True first person account of what can happen.

Edited to add: However, we all know that the Government is racist in their immigration policies. So they might bend the rules as both husband and wife are Chinese. IN our case, father is Tamil Indian and the wife Filipina. Neither of which are desirable in ICA eyes.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 26 Aug 2021 4:56 pm

Thu, 26 Aug 2021 12:19 pm
Not so. This is the conundrum. Go back and read my early posts about My nephew, who married a 'pinoy woman who work here on both a WP and subsequently an S pass. All contracts were finished and she had returned to the 'peens. But they had known each other for a while, so while he was still in NS he flew to the 'peens, married her and brought her back to Singapore. She was already pregnant so they gave her a 1 year LTVP so she could have the baby in Singapore. The Father was S'porean, therefore the baby got SGC even though she was pinoy. Unfortuantely for my nephew the baby was a girl, so useless to Sg as they only did it to possibly have an SGC Boy for cannon fodder.

At the end of the one year, SG refused to renew her LTVP and she was sent packing back to the 'peens because they failed to get permission from the MOM. The law is 'if you have EVER work here on an S pass you have to get permission from the MOM'. They didn't, I am the one who has been paying every since as the husband has turned out to be worthless, the baby only has SGC so cannot stay in the 'peens, thereby absolving the mother of actually being a mother (she's not unhappy). And the nephew is worthless as tits on a boar hog. So, my wife, being the reincarnation of Mother Theresa (she likes to think) took her in "temporarily". That was 14 years ago. The little girl is taller than I am and will shortly be 15 and still living with me. The nephew? He thinks he's got no responsibility and the SG Gov't won't relent on the ban. The whole thing sucks.

If he is/was on a WP and they didn't get permission, she is liable to end up having to raise her baby by herself (or possibly have to immigrate to China if she wants to stay with the husband - if he loses his job here - F&B). True first person account of what can happen.

Edited to add: However, we all know that the Government is racist in their immigration policies. So they might bend the rules as both husband and wife are Chinese. IN our case, father is Tamil Indian and the wife Filipina. Neither of which are desirable in ICA eyes.
Agree, but in that case it was the wife who had to deliver and so was granted a LTVP for 1 year. In this case the LTVP is for the husband, so I was making an assumption that the work permit related requirement was not applicable or was Ok.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 26 Aug 2021 10:38 pm

There is not a gender implied in the rules as far as I know. It is pass based. It wasn't just ladies of the night looking for sugar daddies, but also foreign men looking for women who will provide anchor/sponsorship (just like the one a while back, Pakinstani 30ish married a 50 year old Chinese woman for sponsorship.z

Most are granted without issue, but if procedure is not followed, there is hell to pay.

KazerO

Post by KazerO » Mon, 30 Aug 2021 9:16 am

singaporeflyer wrote:
Thu, 26 Aug 2021 12:07 pm
Thu, 26 Aug 2021 11:54 am

sms
Since they got LTVP approval, I will assume that the WP part was taken care of.
My husband applied first PR application in 2019 when he was holding S Pass for several years, ICA already asked me to proceed for Married first then apply for LTVP then PR for him. But PR already applied at that time. Over the years he was trying to save $ first before married coz both needed to go through customary for both sides Singapore and China, by then everything going to settle down in December 2019 then covid for China cannot proceed and we proceed ROM first then postpone the wedding but it never happens in 2020 due to border restrictions. So then we proceed to settle down to have family first because I am reaching 40s. My son was born in March this year. So guess we not going to proceed with any wedding banquet, maybe just take wedding photos to complete everything when things are more settled. Recently, which I mentioned I received an email from ICA to complete my spouse's family background information. Therefore submitted it last week. Hope the result will be good.

I definitely, will hope everything will be smooth to obtain a PR because recently, a lot people abused the LTVP things and afraid the government will further restrict people with LTVP.

therat
Editor
Editor

Post by therat » Mon, 30 Aug 2021 10:04 am

once abused come in, more rule will close the hole.

This is how the government work.

CuriousPhD

Post by CuriousPhD » Sat, 02 Apr 2022 12:09 am

Hello All,

I would like to add a data point. I have benefited a lot from the information shared on this forum and it’s my turn to give back to the community. After much deliberation, I decided to take my chance. I submitted my PR application in May 2021 and status changed to approved yesterday 😄 Very excited for this new chapter!
CuriousPhD wrote:
Tue, 23 Mar 2021 8:25 am
Hi Everyone,

I have been following this forum for a couple of days. I would like to assess my chances of getting a PR.

Me
Ethnicity: Indian
Length of stay in Singapore: 6+ years
Education: PhD degree from Public uni in SG
Work experience: 2 years; researcher working on alternative protein
Employer: Public uni in SG
Salary: 75k+
Visa: EP
Tax assessment: one submitted and one submitting this year

Spouse
Moved to SG 8 months ago and working in a IT/Finance sector for 6+ months in SG
Prior 6 years of work experience in India in the IT domain
Salary: 50K+
Visa: DP
Tax assessment: submitting this year

We have been married for two years and We don’t have kids.

Thanks in advance for your help.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Sat, 02 Apr 2022 1:04 am

CuriousPhD wrote:
Sat, 02 Apr 2022 12:09 am
Hello All,

I would like to add a data point. I have benefited a lot from the information shared on this forum and it’s my turn to give back to the community. After much deliberation, I decided to take my chance. I submitted my PR application in May 2021 and status changed to approved yesterday 😄 Very excited for this new chapter!
CuriousPhD wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I have been following this forum for a couple of days. I would like to assess my chances of getting a PR.

Me

Spouse

Congrats. PhD is the only main factor that tilted the application in your favour.

CuriousPhD

Post by CuriousPhD » Sat, 02 Apr 2022 9:36 am

singaporeflyer wrote:
Sat, 02 Apr 2022 1:04 am
CuriousPhD wrote:
Sat, 02 Apr 2022 12:09 am
Hello All,

CuriousPhD wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Me

Spouse

Congrats. PhD is the only main factor that tilted the application in your favour.

Thank you, SF! I can’t agree more.
Last edited by CuriousPhD on Sun, 03 Apr 2022 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yowsers

Post by Yowsers » Sat, 02 Apr 2022 9:19 pm

Question: I have a PR application pending (EP) for 11 months. My wife is on the application and received a new passport last week (old one <6 months left and travelling out of Singapore for a week). We have updated the EPOL system which links our FIN and Passport. Do we need to update ICA on this? I only ask because in the ICA portal, it only has a link to update change of address, change of employment, marital status and education. If its none of these, do i need to inform? If so how?

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 02 Apr 2022 10:42 pm

Send them an email with the relevant information. EPOL is the MOM (Ministry of Manpower), You need to send it to ICA (Immigration & Checkpoints Authority).