Singapore Expats Forum

I got a call asking if I am still working

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

jhkim
Regular
Regular

I got a call asking if I am still working

Postby jhkim » Fri, 18 Mar 2005 11:21 pm

I am currently in US working. I have applied to few places in singapore.

I have been getting calls from singapore but first question is "Are you still working?" I say yes and then they says "ok, we'll call again if anything happens."

what is that about? Is it bad that I am still working? Was I supposed to say that I am not working currently?

Common quit notice here is 2 weeks. Is it similar in Singapore?

If there are any HR people here, please help me.

expct

Postby expct » Sat, 19 Mar 2005 11:07 am

Most probably Hiring manager/staff would like to see if they ofer you, how much time will that take for you to be on board.

Also sometime the position may require immediate joining at 1-2 days notice/short notice, so if that is the case, then the HR may ask this type of question to assess the suitability and short list the candidates.

Expat

Singapore_Sling

Postby Singapore_Sling » Sat, 19 Mar 2005 10:58 pm

Are you sure that's all they call for? If my HR people would waste their time for that, I would give them a good ear-bashing.

Postby Guest » Sun, 20 Mar 2005 2:38 am

yeap...they call all the way from singapore just to ask that......They were in a rush to hear answer too......They could of used E-mail for that....geeze.

I keep thinking that they prefer person with no job so they have more negotiating power.

Oh well.......thanks all