Singapore Expats

Chatsworth International School

Discuss various International School options for your children here.
ritubans

Chatsworth International School

Post by ritubans » Fri, 18 Sep 2020 12:03 pm

Hello all,
I was wondering to get some feedback / reviews on Chatsworth International School. Is it a good school and worth the investment ? How has it changed after closing down the Orchard Road Campus ? I would appreciate all your inputs. Thanks !

Jamie_78

Re: Chatsworth International School

Post by Jamie_78 » Wed, 10 Feb 2021 2:36 pm

It's a decent school. It may not have the best campus and all but the teachers there are great. In addition, the counseling program is great and it tries its best to support its students all the way. The class sizes are quite small, so there are fewer "cliques" and everyone tends to know each other quite well. It's by no means a perfect school, however. The class choices are limited, especially as you get to Highschool.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Wed, 10 Feb 2021 4:25 pm

It's a for profit school. If they could get away with using your children as child labour legally and charging for the privilege they would.

Go for a mission (ICS), trust/charter (Nexus, Tanglin), govt run (i..e US State Dept) or local school.

Don't be fooled by the asswipes who named their schools after countries - they are without exception ALL privately owned for profit enterprises.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 11 Feb 2021 5:09 pm

Agree with PNGMK. These for profit schools have no interest in your child’s education. My daughter frequently shows me videos the students post of themselves smoking, drinking while underage, and vaping (illegal in Singapore). While I don’t want to generalize, this behavior is unheard of at most other schools in Singapore. I recommend that you look into Singapore American School or Nexus.

GSM8
Chatter
Chatter

Post by GSM8 » Thu, 11 Feb 2021 10:32 pm

Some Chatsworth teaching staff don't seem to set a great example for the students there either:
https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/ ... d-multiple