Singapore Expats

S Pass Processing Sept 2020/Questions

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
bearchiwy

S Pass Processing Sept 2020/Questions

Post by bearchiwy » Mon, 14 Sep 2020 9:37 pm

Hi all,

I am new to this forum and S Pass application. I would like to know when the employer apply S pass or E pass on behalf of the employee to MOM, do your background check important/one of the factors/help in processing the pass?

I have live in SG since my primary education, and took up education from primary till university. My family, my parents are both LTVP, and my siblings are PR. Just want to know according to Self-assessment tool on MOM's website, my qualifications and salary offered fits the bill, will MOM also consider background check as well when issuing Pass?

Currently, do anybody S Pass/E Pass have their passes approved when also residing outside of SG?

Thank you!

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: S Pass Processing Sept 2020/Questions

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 14 Sep 2020 10:04 pm

bearchiwy wrote:
Mon, 14 Sep 2020 9:37 pm
Hi all,

I am new to this forum and S Pass application. I would like to know when the employer apply S pass or E pass on behalf of the employee to MOM, do your background check important/one of the factors/help in processing the pass?

I have live in SG since my primary education, and took up education from primary till university. My family, my parents are both LTVP, and my siblings are PR. Just want to know according to Self-assessment tool on MOM's website, my qualifications and salary offered fits the bill, will MOM also consider background check as well when issuing Pass?

Currently, do anybody S Pass/E Pass have their passes approved when also residing outside of SG?

Thank you!
No one here can confirm if MOM will do background check on your application or not. It will not be revealed, etc. Why are you worried?

I have heard of E Pass being approved while residing out of SG also.

bearchiwy

Re: S Pass Processing Sept 2020/Questions

Post by bearchiwy » Mon, 14 Sep 2020 10:31 pm

Thank you for telling me your experience and the things you heard!

I always wanted to work and stay in SG and because I just graduated from university and my pass have already expired during the covid period, I have no choice but to be separated from my family and unable to travel to and fro to SG.