Singapore Expats

Son is Aus and Sg Citizen - How do we migrate back to Aus without the need to Serve NS

Do you have a question about National Service (NS) in Singapore? Discuss it here.
victortan11

Son is Aus and Sg Citizen - How do we migrate back to Aus without the need to Serve NS

Post by victortan11 » Mon, 14 Sep 2020 11:39 am

Hi All

Just looking for some guidance and/or experience expats have had here with my situation. I have contacted mindef and ICA and didnt get much. Even the Australian embassy didnt tell me much.

Situation
My son is 5 years old. Singapore citizen by birth (wife is SG citizen) and Aus citizen by descent (I am Aus citizen).

We are looking to move back to Aus but not sure the steps to renounce his SG citizenship and not serve NS. Timeframe to moving back is 3 years time (i.e. 2023)

Thanks in advance
Victor

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Son is Aus and Sg Citizen - How do we migrate back to Aus without the need to Serve NS

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 14 Sep 2020 3:31 pm

victortan11 wrote:
Mon, 14 Sep 2020 11:39 am
Hi All

Just looking for some guidance and/or experience expats have had here with my situation. I have contacted mindef and ICA and didnt get much. Even the Australian embassy didnt tell me much.

Situation
My son is 5 years old. Singapore citizen by birth (wife is SG citizen) and Aus citizen by descent (I am Aus citizen).

We are looking to move back to Aus but not sure the steps to renounce his SG citizenship and not serve NS. Timeframe to moving back is 3 years time (i.e. 2023)

Thanks in advance
Victor
Start here:

viewforum.php?f=55

There are countless threads on the subject and all the answers are easy to find.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: Son is Aus and Sg Citizen - How do we migrate back to Aus without the need to Serve NS

Post by PNGMK » Fri, 05 Aug 2022 5:09 pm

While you're working it out do not put him in a local school or obtain a Singapore passport.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!