Singapore Expats

SPass rejected due to insufficient quota

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
klimrona

SPass rejected due to insufficient quota

Post by klimrona » Sun, 13 Sep 2020 3:21 pm

Hi, I have been browsing this forum but I haven't seen anything similar to my situation (pls correct me if I'm wrong).
My SPass already expired last Aug. 26, 2020
My employer applied for renewal before expiry which is on Aug. 04, 2020 but it got rejected on Aug. 25, 2020.
The reason was because of insufficient quota. But my employer is 100% sure that they still have quota. Even some of my co-employees' SPass that were applied after me got approved already. They called MOM. And MOM said that it was due to a system error and advised us to submit an appeal and that they will speed-up the process of the appeal.
So we submitted appeal on Aug. 26
My questions are, can this thing really happen? Can MOM really have such discrepancy in their quota-checking? And can MOM really expedite an appeal? Thanks in advance!

abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Re: SPass rejected due to insufficient quota

Post by abbby » Sun, 13 Sep 2020 6:59 pm

Quite strange to have a system error on such matters..
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 14 Sep 2020 3:02 pm

Probably because the OP's employer waited until 22 days before his S pass expired. MOM says specifically to apply for renewal THREE (3) MONTHS before the expiry of the S pass.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

klimrona

Post by klimrona » Mon, 14 Sep 2020 6:30 pm

Hi! My SPass renewal appeal got approved already! Just thought of sharing my timeline in case someone needs it in the future:

August 04 - SPass Renewal applied
August 25 - REJECTED due to insufficient quota
August 26 - Employer submitted an appeal. They didn’t do any correction as it was a system error according to MOM, so they just submitted an appeal
September 14 - APPROVED!

Miracles do happen! I’m so happy right now!