Singapore Expats

Is it ok to renew existing EP while new company is applying for EP?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
vinothkanna

Is it ok to renew existing EP while new company is applying for EP?

Post by vinothkanna » Sat, 12 Sep 2020 6:58 pm

New company is applying for EP this month. However my current company wants to apply for EP renewal at the same time. Is there any problem for either renewal or new EP approval? Will the current company know the status of new EP application?

Question 2: Last month SAT evaluation said I was eligible for EP. But this week SAT says "Only eligible for Spass". Is there a chance for EP to get approved even if SAT evaluation says not?

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: Is it ok to renew existing EP while new company is applying for EP?

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 14 Sep 2020 10:21 am

vinothkanna wrote:
Sat, 12 Sep 2020 6:58 pm
New company is applying for EP this month. However my current company wants to apply for EP renewal at the same time. Is there any problem for either renewal or new EP approval? Will the current company know the status of new EP application?

Question 2: Last month SAT evaluation said I was eligible for EP. But this week SAT says "Only eligible for Spass". Is there a chance for EP to get approved even if SAT evaluation says not?
I dont think you can do EP renewal and new EP application at the same time. if one of them faces an issue, they can search based on your information and find that another application is in process

2. if SAT says no for EP, it is close to 100% that you wont get EP. EP criteria has changed from Sep 2020 and hence it shows that you are eligible only for S Pass