Singapore Expats Forum
 

HOW TO STOP/STAY LANDLORD NOTICE FOR VACATING UNIT

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
Mike Cooper
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat, 18 Jul 2020 10:18 pm

Re: HOW TO STOP/STAY LANDLORD NOTICE FOR VACATING UNIT

Post by Mike Cooper » Fri, 25 Sep 2020 9:27 am

Thank you all, appreciated

As of now the LL has just sent me a letter by registered post to which I replied back sharing all facts.

The Aircon is working fine, its only water leakage in insulation which can be wear & tear as well.

Understand from his agent that LL feels that delay to service aircon caused the problem, it is breach of contract that has caused the problem & so I'm responsible & he can take legal action

Singapore Property Search

 

Mike Cooper
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat, 18 Jul 2020 10:18 pm

Re: HOW TO STOP/STAY LANDLORD NOTICE FOR VACATING UNIT

Post by Mike Cooper » Fri, 25 Sep 2020 9:30 am

Thank you all, appreciated

As of now the LL has just sent me a letter by registered post to which I replied back sharing all facts.

The Aircon is working fine, its only water leakage in insulation which can be wear & tear as well.

Understand from his agent that LL feels that delay to service aircon caused the problem, it is breach of contract that has caused the problem & so I'm responsible & he can take legal action

User avatar
PNGMK
Governor
Governor
Posts: 7433
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 9:06 pm
Location: Sinkapore

Re: HOW TO STOP/STAY LANDLORD NOTICE FOR VACATING UNIT

Post by PNGMK » Fri, 25 Sep 2020 1:39 pm

You can offer to remedy the breach. If the LL doesn't permit this the magistrate will see what the LL is trying to do (falsify a breach of contract). Under contractaw here which is really what governs leases you must be permitted a breach remedy.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

sndy
Member
Member
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri, 26 Jun 2020 9:54 pm

Re: HOW TO STOP/STAY LANDLORD NOTICE FOR VACATING UNIT

Post by sndy » Fri, 25 Sep 2020 11:26 pm

Mike Cooper wrote:
Fri, 25 Sep 2020 9:30 am
Thank you all, appreciated

As of now the LL has just sent me a letter by registered post to which I replied back sharing all facts.

The Aircon is working fine, its only water leakage in insulation which can be wear & tear as well.

Understand from his agent that LL feels that delay to service aircon caused the problem, it is breach of contract that has caused the problem & so I'm responsible & he can take legal action
Another miserable LL which sg has plenty of.
It seems your LL & agent are bluffing to move you out of the aptmnt. over a miniscule issue.

Hold your ground and do not make it easy for them, they will eventually discontinue once common sense starts kicking in.

User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9544
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 4:06 pm
Location: Singapore

Re: HOW TO STOP/STAY LANDLORD NOTICE FOR VACATING UNIT

Post by x9200 » Sat, 26 Sep 2020 12:26 pm

Mike Cooper wrote:
Fri, 25 Sep 2020 9:30 am
Thank you all, appreciated

As of now the LL has just sent me a letter by registered post to which I replied back sharing all facts.

The Aircon is working fine, its only water leakage in insulation which can be wear & tear as well.

Understand from his agent that LL feels that delay to service aircon caused the problem, it is breach of contract that has caused the problem & so I'm responsible & he can take legal action
If I remember correctly you didn't service it on time because of CB? How long the servicing was further delayed after the CB was over? Surely you are not in breach if the delay is caused by the legal action of the authorities.

Mike Cooper
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat, 18 Jul 2020 10:18 pm

Re: HOW TO STOP/STAY LANDLORD NOTICE FOR VACATING UNIT

Post by Mike Cooper » Sun, 04 Oct 2020 4:03 pm

Thanks x9200, appreciated.

I did the required 4 services in 1 year, however 1 service was delayed by 2 months as I was on holiday

User avatar
PNGMK
Governor
Governor
Posts: 7433
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 9:06 pm
Location: Sinkapore

Re: HOW TO STOP/STAY LANDLORD NOTICE FOR VACATING UNIT

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 05 Oct 2020 10:52 pm

Mike Cooper wrote:
Sun, 04 Oct 2020 4:03 pm
Thanks x9200, appreciated.

I did the required 4 services in 1 year, however 1 service was delayed by 2 months as I was on holiday
In which case the aircon was not being used and hence there is no need for service.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

User avatar
PNGMK
Governor
Governor
Posts: 7433
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 9:06 pm
Location: Sinkapore

Re: HOW TO STOP/STAY LANDLORD NOTICE FOR VACATING UNIT

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 05 Oct 2020 10:53 pm

Mike Cooper wrote:
Sun, 04 Oct 2020 4:03 pm
Thanks x9200, appreciated.

I did the required 4 services in 1 year, however 1 service was delayed by 2 months as I was on holiday
In which case the aircon was not being used and hence there is no need for service.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

tt1973
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 151
Joined: Mon, 09 Sep 2019 3:14 pm

Re: HOW TO STOP/STAY LANDLORD NOTICE FOR VACATING UNIT

Post by tt1973 » Tue, 06 Oct 2020 10:22 am

It is usually written in the contract that the Tenant must service the aircon units quarterly.

The Landlord is using this as an excuse to evict you for his benefit, selling with vacant possession, getting a higher rental, etc.

IMO, no point staying on if the relationship has been strained. Landlord will give you a hard time in the future even if you win your argument this time round.

User avatar
PNGMK
Governor
Governor
Posts: 7433
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 9:06 pm
Location: Sinkapore

Re: HOW TO STOP/STAY LANDLORD NOTICE FOR VACATING UNIT

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 06 Oct 2020 10:56 am

tt1973 wrote:
Tue, 06 Oct 2020 10:22 am
It is usually written in the contract that the Tenant must service the aircon units quarterly.

The Landlord is using this as an excuse to evict you for his benefit, selling with vacant possession, getting a higher rental, etc.

IMO, no point staying on if the relationship has been strained. Landlord will give you a hard time in the future even if you win your argument this time round.
Yeah but no reason to leave for free. Make LL pay moving costs and new lease establishment costs.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Property Talk, Housing & Rental”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests