Singapore Expats Forum
 

PR Approved

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
wanabeagain
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri, 04 Sep 2020 6:47 pm

PR Approved

Post by wanabeagain » Fri, 04 Sep 2020 6:57 pm

Hi All

Just wanted to update that my PR with my family got approved after 18 months. Long wait but worthwhile. Also to highlight to @SMS that your earlier prediction on my PR outcome that applicant in 40s has got low chance is totally baseless.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 37325
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 1
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: PR Approved

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 04 Sep 2020 7:53 pm

Congrats. But on the base of a single approval, that's a pretty strong call. I did say low chance, not no chance. But again, congratulations, even if you had to hide behind a new nick to reply. Oh, for the record I got my PR when I was 47, but it took me several tries before that happened.

TropicalExpat
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 224
Joined: Thu, 28 May 2020 5:02 pm

Re: PR Approved

Post by TropicalExpat » Fri, 04 Sep 2020 7:57 pm

wanabeagain wrote:
Fri, 04 Sep 2020 6:57 pm
Hi All

Just wanted to update that my PR with my family got approved after 18 months. Long wait but worthwhile. Also to highlight to @SMS that your earlier prediction on my PR outcome that applicant in 40s has got low chance is totally baseless.
Congratulations on getting your PR. It is great that you managed to get it.

However, I would say that to provide only your age, makes it difficult for anyone to say what gave you a positive outcome. Post hoc ergo propter hoc.

For example, what ethnic group are you? Or, another, what industry are you in and what role do you hold? What salary do you receive? How long have you been in Singapore? Are you kids in local school? All kinds of factors.

The fact that you waited 18 months says a lot in itself. Again without additional information, it might be reasonable to assume that the government probably has a category where they sit slightly on the fence, and say "if they wait 18 months, they keep their job and keep out of mischief, we'll grant it to them".

Also to say that that SMS is totally baseless in his assumption that 40s has got a low chance is ... errrr .... baseless. Typically people on the forum who dispense advise generally don't say that it's not possible, but it is improbable. At the same time, without you presenting the numbers of people applying by age bracket, to refute the evidence of people who have previously posted here, your comments are .... errr .... again .... baseless.

Once again, congratulations on getting your PR!
Look, no one denies it is possible for someone in their forties to get PR. It's just mighty difficult from the collective experience here.

mtnut
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri, 19 Jun 2020 1:41 pm

Re: PR Approved

Post by mtnut » Fri, 04 Sep 2020 8:06 pm

Think its Wanabe, based on the new nick. Must have lost access to the account.

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=240123

wanabeagain
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri, 04 Sep 2020 6:47 pm

Re: PR Approved

Post by wanabeagain » Fri, 04 Sep 2020 8:12 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Fri, 04 Sep 2020 7:53 pm
Congrats. But on the base of a single approval, that's a pretty strong call. I did say low chance, not no chance. But again, congratulations, even if you had to hide behind a new nick to reply. Oh, for the record I got my PR when I was 47, but it took me several tries before that happened.
Thanks, would like to share also it is not just based on a single approval, my friends had similar experience too. i kind of know why the application took so long for processing.

And i did not hide behind a new nick, surely its a no brainer tht if i want to hide i would not register the same nick right? I thought u r d one that deleted my acct? No?

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 37325
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 1
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: PR Approved

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 04 Sep 2020 8:20 pm

No, I don't delete accounts. Ban them maybe, but then if banned the same nick & email address could not be used, therefore no way of knowing one person with attitude from another with attitude. You could be anybody.

moderator

wanabeagain
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri, 04 Sep 2020 6:47 pm

Re: PR Approved

Post by wanabeagain » Fri, 04 Sep 2020 8:23 pm

TropicalExpat wrote:
Fri, 04 Sep 2020 7:57 pm
wanabeagain wrote:
Fri, 04 Sep 2020 6:57 pm
Hi All

Just wanted to update that my PR with my family got approved after 18 months. Long wait but worthwhile. Also to highlight to @SMS that your earlier prediction on my PR outcome that applicant in 40s has got low chance is totally baseless.
Congratulations on getting your PR. It is great that you managed to get it.

However, I would say that to provide only your age, makes it difficult for anyone to say what gave you a positive outcome. Post hoc ergo propter hoc.

For example, what ethnic group are you? Or, another, what industry are you in and what role do you hold? What salary do you receive? How long have you been in Singapore? Are you kids in local school? All kinds of factors.

The fact that you waited 18 months says a lot in itself. Again without additional information, it might be reasonable to assume that the government probably has a category where they sit slightly on the fence, and say "if they wait 18 months, they keep their job and keep out of mischief, we'll grant it to them".

Also to say that that SMS is totally baseless in his assumption that 40s has got a low chance is ... errrr .... baseless. Typically people on the forum who dispense advise generally don't say that it's not possible, but it is improbable. At the same time, without you presenting the numbers of people applying by age bracket, to refute the evidence of people who have previously posted here, your comments are .... errr .... again .... baseless.

Once again, congratulations on getting your PR!
Look, no one denies it is possible for someone in their forties to get PR. It's just mighty difficult from the collective experience here.
I have shared my profile in my earlier post under wanabe. Theres a long thread tht was deleted where SMS made alot of assumption and long post about why my PR was rejected (in fact it wasnt) based on my profile. But its past so wont want to bring it up again.

wanabeagain
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri, 04 Sep 2020 6:47 pm

Re: PR Approved

Post by wanabeagain » Fri, 04 Sep 2020 9:04 pm

Anyone here in similar situation like mine? my kids are now overseas and I would not fly them back to complete the PR formality meaning only myself n wife wil complete the formality. Is this an issue?

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2845
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: PR Approved

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 04 Sep 2020 9:23 pm

wanabeagain wrote:
Fri, 04 Sep 2020 9:04 pm
Anyone here in similar situation like mine? my kids are now overseas and I would not fly them back to complete the PR formality meaning only myself n wife wil complete the formality. Is this an issue?
Request them to extend the IPA so that you can complete the formalities together later.

the observer
Regular
Regular
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon, 20 Jul 2020 11:57 am

Re: PR Approved

Post by the observer » Fri, 04 Sep 2020 10:49 pm

wanabeagain wrote:
Fri, 04 Sep 2020 6:57 pm
Hi All

Just wanted to update that my PR with my family got approved after 18 months. Long wait but worthwhile. Also to highlight to @SMS that your earlier prediction on my PR outcome that applicant in 40s has got low chance is totally baseless.
“My profile - Malaysian Chinese, 40, Male with family. In IT field with annual income ard $250k”

That’s your profile right?
Lol.

wanabeagain
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri, 04 Sep 2020 6:47 pm

Re: PR Approved

Post by wanabeagain » Sat, 05 Sep 2020 5:52 am

singaporeflyer wrote:
Fri, 04 Sep 2020 9:23 pm
wanabeagain wrote:
Fri, 04 Sep 2020 9:04 pm
Anyone here in similar situation like mine? my kids are now overseas and I would not fly them back to complete the PR formality meaning only myself n wife wil complete the formality. Is this an issue?
Request them to extend the IPA so that you can complete the formalities together later.
Normally the IPA will be extended max for 1 month? Dont think the border restriction will br loosen in the upcoming months til 2021

wanabeagain
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri, 04 Sep 2020 6:47 pm

Re: PR Approved

Post by wanabeagain » Sat, 05 Sep 2020 5:53 am

Yes correct and to add on I applied after 6 months payslip and just recently did my EP renewal

the observer
Regular
Regular
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon, 20 Jul 2020 11:57 am

Re: PR Approved

Post by the observer » Sat, 05 Sep 2020 6:37 am

wanabeagain wrote:
Sat, 05 Sep 2020 5:53 am
Yes correct and to add on I applied after 6 months payslip and just recently did my EP renewal
It’s very easy being Malaysian Chinese to get PR + Sg citizenship.

I know of a 50+ year old PR (Malaysian Chinese) who’s converted to citizen at that age. But his wife and kids are Singaporeans.

Point is, Malaysians are treated differently from other nationalities. Even the rules on your cpf withdrawals are different from the others.

http://theindependent.sg/senior-malaysi ... elling-pr/

TropicalExpat
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 224
Joined: Thu, 28 May 2020 5:02 pm

Re: PR Approved

Post by TropicalExpat » Sat, 05 Sep 2020 9:52 am

wanabeagain wrote:
Sat, 05 Sep 2020 5:53 am
Yes correct and to add on I applied after 6 months payslip and just recently did my EP renewal
Well there's the answer ... we almost always say that if you are Malaysian Chinese you are a shoe-in...

Older candidates are certainly at a disadvantage, but the nationality and ethnicity has clearly trumped the age issue.
Also the salary is reasonably good. I know people close to their 40s who are not paid as much as you and are Chinese, but not Malaysians who got it recently as well, so clearly your nationality made the difference here.

Congrats in any case. And welcome to CPF land :D

mtnut
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri, 19 Jun 2020 1:41 pm

Re: PR Approved

Post by mtnut » Sat, 05 Sep 2020 10:07 am

Interesting to see it also seems it took more time than other some other Malaysian Chinese candidates. Some apply just after 6 months in SG and get it after 6 months wait.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests