Singapore Expats Forum
 

Calls from +60 Malaysia claiming to be SingTel

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
Post Reply
User avatar
abbby
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 909
Joined: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 3:00 am
Location: Tiny Island

Calls from +60 Malaysia claiming to be SingTel

Post by abbby » Wed, 02 Sep 2020 9:36 am

Now, that's a really good one when I thought +65 spammers are already bad enough, now I'm getting more from overseas +60 Malaysia ones saying they're from SingTel...and says ' Your SingTel line is faulty...' and I just reply them ' Oh, your colleague just came by and fixed it.' :-" :-"
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

TropicalExpat
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 190
Joined: Thu, 28 May 2020 5:02 pm

Re: Calls from +60 Malaysia claiming to be SingTel

Post by TropicalExpat » Wed, 02 Sep 2020 10:36 am

It's clear when it's a scam. It's a +60 number but it's an Indian accent.
I do the "oh I am with Starhub/M1" .... they hang up

User avatar
abbby
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 909
Joined: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 3:00 am
Location: Tiny Island

Re: Calls from +60 Malaysia claiming to be SingTel

Post by abbby » Wed, 02 Sep 2020 11:11 am

TropicalExpat wrote:
Wed, 02 Sep 2020 10:36 am
It's clear when it's a scam. It's a +60 number but it's an Indian accent.
I do the "oh I am with Starhub/M1" .... they hang up

I find joy in teasing them now...yes, it had an Indian accent.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

User avatar
Max Headroom
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 774
Joined: Wed, 08 May 2013 11:31 am
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Re: Calls from +60 Malaysia claiming to be SingTel

Post by Max Headroom » Thu, 03 Sep 2020 11:49 am

Tell them to hang on a second please, then put down the phone and go do the laundry.

:-)

TropicalExpat
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 190
Joined: Thu, 28 May 2020 5:02 pm

Re: Calls from +60 Malaysia claiming to be SingTel

Post by TropicalExpat » Thu, 03 Sep 2020 1:13 pm

Max Headroom wrote:
Thu, 03 Sep 2020 11:49 am
Tell them to hang on a second please, then put down the phone and go do the laundry.

:-)
LOL ... I was going to do that the other day, but forgot ... don't forget to put it on mute when you walk away !

User avatar
abbby
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 909
Joined: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 3:00 am
Location: Tiny Island

Re: Calls from +60 Malaysia claiming to be SingTel

Post by abbby » Thu, 03 Sep 2020 11:57 pm

TropicalExpat wrote:
Thu, 03 Sep 2020 1:13 pm
Max Headroom wrote:
Thu, 03 Sep 2020 11:49 am
Tell them to hang on a second please, then put down the phone and go do the laundry.

:-)
LOL ... I was going to do that the other day, but forgot ... don't forget to put it on mute when you walk away !
I will do just that the next time they call....🤭🤭😜
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests