Singapore Expats Forum

NEEED INTERNSHIP

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

desperateUSCstudent

NEEED INTERNSHIP

Postby desperateUSCstudent » Fri, 18 Mar 2005 11:24 am

Hey guys,

just wondering if anyone could give me any information as to how to go out about finding an internship in Singapore.. I'm a USC student from California - well i'm a Singaporean and i'll be back home for the summer - I need a HR internship and I have prior experience tooo!!

What do I do?

email me at poonam_jeswani@hotmail.com

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Fri, 18 Mar 2005 11:47 am

Well, you might start by posting your areas of interest and what you would like to do, the kind of company you might want to intern for.

desperateUSCstudent

in response

Postby desperateUSCstudent » Fri, 18 Mar 2005 9:11 pm

well, a human resources and/or management internship in hospitality, tourism, business services or banking industry I guess would be nice.

thanks,

desperateUSCstudent

Strong Eagle

Re: in response

Postby Strong Eagle » Fri, 18 Mar 2005 10:20 pm

desperateUSCstudent wrote:well, a human resources and/or management internship in hospitality, tourism, business services or banking industry I guess would be nice.

thanks,

desperateUSCstudent

I think you should stop "guessing". Know what you want. If you can only guess what you want you come across as weak, uncertain... and hell... desperate. You certainly don't sound like someone who wants to intern to learn a business in which he/she has passion.

If you don't know what you want to do, then you're not ready for an internship. Save it until you are more focused. Enjoy the beer and babes/guys at college. All things come with time.

dissipate

Postby dissipate » Fri, 18 Mar 2005 10:58 pm

if you know the companies you'd like to intern for, write to them.