Singapore Expats

Do Spass holders need to inform employers on their marriage?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Do Spass holders need to inform employers on their marriage?

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 21 Jan 2022 11:50 pm

Sadly, frogs at the bottom of the well are the last to realize the water is boiling. Law states that if a person "EVER" worked on a WP in Singapore, regardless of whether or not they are currently on one or an S or even EP, The must get permission to marry. Failing which there are grounds for dismissal. I can attest to this from relative experience. The offspring of which I took care of for 13 years from the age of 1 year old when she had to be fetched back from the 'peens, as the baby only had SG citizenship. The mother work here initially on a WP went home and later returned to a new contract on an S pass . Because they got married without permission, and as she was already pregnant, she was given a 1 year LTVP (so the baby could be born here - father is SGC) in order to gain a citizen so when baby was born was given SGC. After the 1 year LTVP was up ICA would not renew LTVP and sent her back to the 'peens. I know what I'm talking about. Obviously if not currently holding a WP but a higher work pass you will be approved, but the fact is, if the person was ever here on a WP they ARE required to get the permission. Kind of like having a police record, it follows you around and while it may not hurt you, not divulging said information is enough to get you into more trouble. Oh, if you don't like the way things are here, don't let the door hit you in the derrière on the way out.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers