Singapore Expats Forum
 

PR Formalities Appointment require docs

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Post Reply
User avatar
GohYeeChern
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed, 26 Aug 2020 5:22 pm

PR Formalities Appointment require docs

Post by GohYeeChern » Wed, 26 Aug 2020 5:25 pm

Hi,

I just got my IPA for PR today.

I am in the midst of preparing the required documents and realised my original copy of birth certificate is in my home country.
And due to the current covid situation, traveling back to bring it back might not be the option..
Can anyone advise if this is an issue if I present only with scanned birth certificate?

the observer
Regular
Regular
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon, 20 Jul 2020 11:57 am

Re: PR Formalities Appointment require docs

Post by the observer » Wed, 26 Aug 2020 6:30 pm

You’re better off asking ICA, and posting your discoveries here.

pleaseplease
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat, 22 Feb 2014 3:45 am

Re: PR Formalities Appointment require docs

Post by pleaseplease » Thu, 27 Aug 2020 10:01 am

Keen to know what ICA told you too

samlow1989
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu, 03 Sep 2020 3:03 pm

Re: PR Formalities Appointment require docs

Post by samlow1989 » Thu, 03 Sep 2020 3:16 pm

Want to know too.

indobros
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat, 05 Sep 2020 9:59 am

Re: PR Formalities Appointment require docs

Post by indobros » Sat, 05 Sep 2020 10:04 am

I just got my IPA today & in a similar position
@GohYeeChernGroups Have ICA replied to you?

wanabeagain
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri, 04 Sep 2020 6:47 pm

Re: PR Formalities Appointment require docs

Post by wanabeagain » Sat, 05 Sep 2020 11:12 pm

indobros wrote:
Sat, 05 Sep 2020 10:04 am
I just got my IPA today & in a similar position
@GohYeeChernGroups Have ICA replied to you?
May I know if the validity is 1 month?

CalebWoon
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun, 06 Sep 2020 5:42 pm

Re: PR Formalities Appointment require docs

Post by CalebWoon » Sun, 06 Sep 2020 5:44 pm

wanabeagain wrote:
Sat, 05 Sep 2020 11:12 pm
indobros wrote:
Sat, 05 Sep 2020 10:04 am
I just got my IPA today & in a similar position
@GohYeeChernGroups Have ICA replied to you?
May I know if the validity is 1 month?
Hey I am in the same situation, I do not have the originals of my documents, I read on lowyat forum, some of them just say that we can just declare we submitted the real documents due to the covid situation.

I sent an email, but have no replies, appreciate if you guys got a reply, share the info out!

CalebWoon
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun, 06 Sep 2020 5:42 pm

Re: PR Formalities Appointment require docs

Post by CalebWoon » Sun, 06 Sep 2020 5:47 pm

wanabeagain wrote:
Sat, 05 Sep 2020 11:12 pm
indobros wrote:
Sat, 05 Sep 2020 10:04 am
I just got my IPA today & in a similar position
@GohYeeChernGroups Have ICA replied to you?
May I know if the validity is 1 month?
the letter will state 1 month for u to complete the formalities.

expatbro
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu, 10 Sep 2020 11:02 am

Re: PR Formalities Appointment require docs

Post by expatbro » Thu, 10 Sep 2020 11:19 am

CalebWoon wrote:
Sun, 06 Sep 2020 5:44 pm
Hey I am in the same situation, I do not have the originals of my documents, I read on lowyat forum, some of them just say that we can just declare we submitted the real documents due to the covid situation.

I sent an email, but have no replies, appreciate if you guys got a reply, share the info out!
Hi, can you share the link to the lowyat forum? :)

I too have sent an email on Monday, but no reply yet.

expatbro
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu, 10 Sep 2020 11:02 am

Re: PR Formalities Appointment require docs

Post by expatbro » Wed, 16 Sep 2020 1:23 pm

After browsing the forum for a bit, I found this
aviciii wrote:
Mon, 13 Jul 2020 1:02 am
Dont worry, i faced the same issue as you two months back, i did emailed ICA ,they replied they will look into the matter but never gotten a response from them after. On my formalities appointment day on april 2020, I told the officer i do not have the original copy of birth cert, she seems to understand very quickly and just ask me to sign and write a short sentence of acknowledgement that due to the covid's disruption i am unable to retrieve my birth cert. and completed formalities and gotten my blue nric in two weeks.

Anyway, my appointment is set up in 2 days, wish me luck bros 🤞

samlow1989
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu, 03 Sep 2020 3:03 pm

Re: PR Formalities Appointment require docs

Post by samlow1989 » Mon, 21 Sep 2020 10:49 am

expatbro wrote:
Wed, 16 Sep 2020 1:23 pm
After browsing the forum for a bit, I found this
aviciii wrote:
Mon, 13 Jul 2020 1:02 am
Dont worry, i faced the same issue as you two months back, i did emailed ICA ,they replied they will look into the matter but never gotten a response from them after. On my formalities appointment day on april 2020, I told the officer i do not have the original copy of birth cert, she seems to understand very quickly and just ask me to sign and write a short sentence of acknowledgement that due to the covid's disruption i am unable to retrieve my birth cert. and completed formalities and gotten my blue nric in two weeks.

Anyway, my appointment is set up in 2 days, wish me luck bros 🤞
How your formality?

expatbro
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu, 10 Sep 2020 11:02 am

Re: PR Formalities Appointment require docs

Post by expatbro » Sat, 26 Sep 2020 1:29 pm

samlow1989 wrote:
Mon, 21 Sep 2020 10:49 am
expatbro wrote:
Wed, 16 Sep 2020 1:23 pm
After browsing the forum for a bit, I found this
aviciii wrote:
Mon, 13 Jul 2020 1:02 am
Dont worry, i faced the same issue as you two months back, i did emailed ICA ,they replied they will look into the matter but never gotten a response from them after. On my formalities appointment day on april 2020, I told the officer i do not have the original copy of birth cert, she seems to understand very quickly and just ask me to sign and write a short sentence of acknowledgement that due to the covid's disruption i am unable to retrieve my birth cert. and completed formalities and gotten my blue nric in two weeks.

Anyway, my appointment is set up in 2 days, wish me luck bros 🤞
How your formality?
All good.
I got an email reply the night before the formalities saying I can proceed with the scanned copies, which I show to the officer

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests