Singapore Expats

How can I ignore a WhatsApp message from a particular person without blocking

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

How can I ignore a WhatsApp message from a particular person without blocking

Post by abbby » Wed, 26 Aug 2020 1:41 pm

Is it possible to block out a person from WhatsApp without blocking? As it would seem obvious if I blocked him/her.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

bgd
Manager
Manager

Re: How can I ignore a WhatsApp message from a particular person without blocking

Post by bgd » Wed, 26 Aug 2020 5:51 pm

You can mute for up to 1 year. You will still receive messages but won't receive any notification. If you archive the chat then you won't see any messages unless you visit the archive folder.

Select the chat and the mute option is in the menu drop down.

abbby
Manager
Manager

Re: How can I ignore a WhatsApp message from a particular person without blocking

Post by abbby » Thu, 27 Aug 2020 11:04 am

Great thanks..muting works for me to avoid seeing the messages. Thanks for the tips!
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

abbby
Manager
Manager

Post by abbby » Sun, 13 Sep 2020 6:57 pm

Thanks..I muted it and that helps..

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Fri, 08 Jan 2021 1:27 am

I like to take a different approach. Instead of meeting the person I archive the chat completely. You can do so by holding, swiping left and then clicking archive. Out of sight, out of mind.

abbby
Manager
Manager

Post by abbby » Tue, 07 Sep 2021 6:06 pm

Muted and uncheck notification..that helps.