Singapore Expats

PR Application without Annex A

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
daria1

PR Application without Annex A

Post by daria1 » Tue, 25 Aug 2020 2:54 pm

I'm at the planning stage for PR application. History on here says Annex A isn't mandatory (not sure why ICA lists it as a requirement??) but the final post in this thread suggest ePR suggests otherwise:

viewtopic.php?t=130419&start=15

I emailed ICA and got a canned response - all requirements are in the explanatory notes.

Can anyone advise?

BananZ

Re: PR Application without Annex A

Post by BananZ » Wed, 26 Aug 2020 10:39 am

Which scheme are you planning to apply with?
Spouse of SC / PR? - Annex A not required
With your EP / SP? - Annex A required
Others? - Annex A not required

daria1

Post by daria1 » Thu, 27 Aug 2020 9:40 am

jun-jie.gan wrote:
Wed, 26 Aug 2020 10:39 am
Which scheme are you planning to apply with?
Spouse of SC / PR? - Annex A not required
With your EP / SP? - Annex A required
Others? - Annex A not required
I'm applying as an EP holder. I assume all the comments on here over the last number of years re Annex A not being mandatory were in response to EP holders???

daria1

Post by daria1 » Mon, 31 Aug 2020 10:06 am

Bumping this, anyone know the answer?

TropicalExpat
Chatter
Chatter
Answers: 1

Post by TropicalExpat » Fri, 02 Oct 2020 1:06 pm

If you read the ICA website it says
"To enable us to assess your application holistically, it is important that your employer provides the information requested in Annex A. "
https://www.ica.gov.sg/docs/default-sou ... 284ffa.pdf
While i doesn't tell us if it's mandatory or not, it allows ICA to make a clearer determination of your employer.
For example, saying "IT" in your application could mean everything from installing IoT items at people' homes to being a researcher in quantum computing. Or could be "Challenger" shop helpdesk (admittedly it would probably be under retail) or an Amazon AWS engineer.

Anecdotal reporting here suggest that you may not have to provide it, but why not make it easier for ICA by supporting your application with more information about your company.

If you don't provide it, they probably have a heap of more applicants who are willing to provide their Annex A.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 02 Oct 2020 8:49 pm

TropicalExpat., point of clarification from a now retired HR & Fin Mgr for a medium sized SME here. Often local employers (owners/MDs, etc) refuse to sign the Annex As deliberately because of habits of applicants in general and certain nationalities specifically who are known to resign the instant they get PR. My own MD/Owner was one such. I finally convinced him to allow me to fill out the Annex A because even if you didn't, the employee would leave at the first instance as ICA will accept 6 months pay vouchers that should include the last pay voucher received at the point of application. Signing the Annex A will possibly create a former employee who will not badmouth the current employer. Refusal to fill it out will certainly cause bad feelings. He eventually saw it from my point of view. But there are a lot of local employers who won't and don't have a strident Ang Moh HR & Finance Mgr to butt heads with. ;-)
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers