Singapore Expats

Looking for reliable transport

Discuss about childcare, parenthood, playschools, educational, family & international school issues.

Sponsored by:

Canadian International School
susanhenderson

Looking for reliable transport

Post by susanhenderson » Sat, 22 Aug 2020 6:24 pm

I just moved here and didn't manage to arrange school transport for my son in time. Need to find reliable transport for him as I cannot send him. Is Grab a safe option?

abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Re: Looking for reliable transport

Post by abbby » Mon, 24 Aug 2020 10:09 am

Grab should be relatively safe so it's good to build a understanding and rapport with your driver. How old is your child. Would be good if he holds a phone if he needs to call you.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

susanhenderson

Post by susanhenderson » Mon, 24 Aug 2020 7:25 pm

thanks for your response Abby! He's 8, grade 2. I'm just worried because it will likely be a different driver everyday...

abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Post by abbby » Tue, 25 Aug 2020 12:17 am

You can try finding a taxi driver who can commit at your required timings. I sm sure there will be someone out there who's keen to do the job since their livelihood has been affected by Grab drivers.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)