Singapore Expats

Victorian entering Singapore under quarantine

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
cmcutchen

Victorian entering Singapore under quarantine

Post by cmcutchen » Sat, 22 Aug 2020 10:54 am

Hi All,

looking for the following information and some feedback if you have ANY experience.

- I am from Victoria, Australia arriving to Singapore on September 19th . Is there any hope that I will have the ankle bracelet option and get to stay in my apartment?
- If I stay in hotels, do I share a ROOM ?
- Will there be WIFI and what hotels are on the list?
- If I have my Employment Pass, do I still need to do quarantine for the 14 days?

Thanks, it is very difficult to get information on the conditions before I leave and there is always gossip or rumours floating around.
Thanks - stay safe!

bgd
Manager
Manager

Re: Victorian entering Singapore under quarantine

Post by bgd » Sat, 22 Aug 2020 1:57 pm

cmcutchen wrote:
Sat, 22 Aug 2020 10:54 am

- I am from Victoria, Australia arriving to Singapore on September 19th . Is there any hope that I will have the ankle bracelet option and get to stay in my apartment?
At this stage you have to stay in a Govt facility. Victoria is your problem.
- If I stay in hotels, do I share a ROOM ?
- Will there be WIFI and what hotels are on the list?
No experience but I know indirectly of someone who went through this. Hotel was fine, had wifi and didn't share a room. Food not so good and the boredom factor was high, your mileage my differ.
- If I have my Employment Pass, do I still need to do quarantine for the 14 days?
Yes. Again Victoria is your problem.

https://www.gov.sg/article/updates-to-b ... from-1-sep

BigginHill
Chatter
Chatter
Answers: 1

Post by BigginHill » Sat, 22 Aug 2020 11:12 pm

bgd wrote:
Sat, 22 Aug 2020 1:57 pm
cmcutchen wrote:
Sat, 22 Aug 2020 10:54 am
Yes. Again Victoria is your problem.
Best thing one could hope for (also generally) is for Victoria infections to drop like a rock for the next 3-4 weeks & they might reenable home quarantine.

They're even reducing from 14 to 7 days quarantine for Australia arrivals, sans Victoria. Too easy.

cmcutchen

Post by cmcutchen » Sun, 23 Aug 2020 7:25 pm

Thanks guys - hoping for a change of heart re VIC as numbers are dropping and everything is looking rosie'r!