Singapore Expats

Matcha powder helped me lose weight

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Matcha powder helped me lose weight

Post by abbby » Wed, 19 Aug 2020 9:49 am

It seemed to be matcha powder which I tried seemed to help me lose weight, I had a weight problem and felt it was really hard to shed the kgs, so I decided to buy a pack of matcha powder to try from redmart, to be honest, it tasted very very bad like seaweed or kelp, nothing like the green tea that you drink. I decided to throw the pack away until I weighed myself on the scale. And 2 kg down. Looks like I should try to continue with it for a while longer and see if it does bring more weight down. Matcha powder is processed differently from green tea (that's why I had been drinking green tea for years but weight doesn't come down).

More useful read

https://www.stylecraze.com/articles/mat ... ight-loss/
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

Alisa Weawer

Re: Matcha powder helped me lose weight

Post by Alisa Weawer » Thu, 03 Sep 2020 5:34 pm

I also heard that this tea is very healthy. But it seems to me that thanks to tea alone, one cannot lose much weight. You still need to eat right. If there is fast foot, then no tea will help. There should be a balance of proteins, fats and carbohydrates.

the observer
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by the observer » Thu, 03 Sep 2020 5:38 pm

Just walk into a pharmacy and get Orlistat.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 03 Sep 2020 6:59 pm

Just cut out Sugar, white starches (Carbs), and Salt. Weight loss guaranteed.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

abbby
Manager
Manager

Post by abbby » Thu, 03 Sep 2020 11:55 pm

Any alternatives to carbs to keep full?
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 04 Sep 2020 3:18 am

Drink a full glass of water before each meal. Eat more Green Leafy Vegetables. You will only have sugar withdrawal for 7~10 days (sugar from sugar and converted starch). As the body cannot absorb Salt nor can it be processed by the body, the body tries to shield it with water to prevent the drying out of your organs. (Eat a bag of potato chips and then tell me how your lips feel. When you ingest salt, the body surrounds the sodium with water. Salt causes water retention. Women have it even worse due to the biological difference every month which also causes fluid retention. Quitting salt allow the body to flush it out of the system and also will reduce the fluid retention.

Also, you shouldn't eat until you feel "Full". You should only eat enough to stop being hungry. Slow down your eating (the old saying chew each mouthful 25 times is just for that). Give the digestive system to start processing the masticated foodstuffs and start converting it to useable fuel. When that happens it triggers the serotonin levels in the brain which then signals you conscious self that you have eaten enough. When you eat too fast you take in more food than is required because the serotonin levels hasn't been triggered. So you end up eating too much food. When that happens, the body stores the excess as fat.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

TropicalExpat
Chatter
Chatter
Answers: 1

Post by TropicalExpat » Fri, 04 Sep 2020 9:35 am

Eat an egg with your meal and it should help make you feel full.

Alisa Weawer

Post by Alisa Weawer » Fri, 04 Sep 2020 5:50 pm

the observer wrote:
Thu, 03 Sep 2020 5:38 pm
Just walk into a pharmacy and get Orlistat.
It is a bad idea. I heard that medicines for weight loss are addictive and affect the psyche. Nothing good.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 24 Dec 2020 1:27 am

Macha is a natural antioxidant and helps to detoxify the body so it makes sense that it would help you lose weight. However there’s only so much you can do if you continue to over consume food. So if you would like to feel more full after a meal, an easy way is to eat more slowly. Your brain take some time to process the fact that you were consuming food, hence it takes a while before you feel full. By eating more slowly you get your brain time to send the signals, so you were less inclined to over consume.

abbby
Manager
Manager

Post by abbby » Sun, 03 Jan 2021 7:56 pm

Need to know what brand of tea are Japanese restaurants using for their cold teas? They taste so refreshing.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Sat, 13 Feb 2021 4:05 pm

abbby wrote:
Sun, 03 Jan 2021 7:56 pm
Need to know what brand of tea are Japanese restaurants using for their cold teas? They taste so refreshing.
I think I’ve answered a question like this before elsewhere. Essentially, the biggest mistake that people make at home when brewing green tea is over-brewing the tea. This causes it to be very bitter, and it loses its fragrance. You’re actually only supposed to brew it for 1 or 1 1/2 minutes, nothing more.