Singapore Expats

Does LTVP renewal require a physical PhotoID when completing the formalities at ICA buidling?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
clavie

Does LTVP renewal require a physical PhotoID when completing the formalities at ICA buidling?

Post by clavie » Tue, 18 Aug 2020 8:14 pm

Hello,

I get confusing info from the ICA's LTVP renewal process:
0/ in the online application we have to submit a recent photo in the correct size/format that becomes digitally attached to the form 14C's page 1.

1/ once IPA is given, there was a window asking for the online payment and reminding that I have to furnish the following documents (the usual list i, ii, iii) and in iiii it's 1 recent passport size colour photograph ref. attachment

2/ after online final payment confirmation, they sent the following list that doesn't show a need for PhotoID
1. Your application for a Long-Term Visit Pass has been approved in principle
2. You are required to complete formalities for the issuance of the Long-Term Visit Pass personally at this office with the following:
- A copy of approval notice;
- A completed Appendix (VP) - IRAS/CPF Authorisation Form;
- A duly signed printout of the form which you have submitted through the e-Service;
- A duly signed printout of Terms & Conditions of Long-Term Visit Pass;
3. ICA will be enrolling applicants' iris images. To achieve quality and faster enrolment, you should not wear coloured, patterned or cosmetic contact lenses.
4. The completion of formalities is strictly by appointment only. Please use our e-appointment facility at e-Appointment (Completion of Long Term Visit Pass Formalities) to select your preferred date and time. On the date of the appointment, proceed to the Self-Service Ticketing Kiosk located at Visitor Services Centre, Level 4 of ICA Building to obtain a queue ticket. The applicant is advised to be punctual for the appointment.

If I follow that list, no need to produce a printed PhotoID. I'm just afraid they still require it as per the first list.

Question: can anyone who renewed their LTVP confirm the need or no need to produce PhotoID at the appointment?

thank you very much
Attachments
List of docs upon IPA.jpg

Nlucy

Re: Does LTVP renewal require a physical PhotoID when completing the formalities at ICA buidling?

Post by Nlucy » Tue, 18 Aug 2020 10:25 pm

If you bring the printed photo they will use that. If not they can use the digital photo. So not a must.

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 2

Re: Does LTVP renewal require a physical PhotoID when completing the formalities at ICA buidling?

Post by MOCHS » Wed, 19 Aug 2020 9:18 am

My husband renewed his LTVP a couple of months ago and the list requested that he bring a coloured passport sized photo which they used for his renewed LTVP.

Doesn’t hurt to bring one, just in case.

clavie

Post by clavie » Fri, 21 Aug 2020 6:40 pm

FYI, if this can help anybody in the future

The LTVP renewal requires to upload the digital photo ID.
At the counter for completing the formalities it was not required to provide a printed one. I asked the officer and he said if you have we take it to attach it to the file, otherwise it's fine without it, and the final list of documents to produce was correct (no Photo ID).

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter

Post by MOCHS » Fri, 21 Aug 2020 7:17 pm

Good to know.

My husband’s renewal also required him to upload a digital photo. When we went down two months ago in June to complete the formalities though, his list of items to bring did say to state a hardcopy passport photo.

They probably updated their procedure since then due to COVID. Just like restaurants that did away with paper menus and asked people to scan a QR code for a digital menu, maybe ICA decided to just accept the digital photo and minimise contact with a physical photo...

Rsnn

Post by Rsnn » Wed, 23 Jun 2021 5:14 pm

Do I need to bring my spouse for the completion of my Renewal of LTVP?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 23 Jun 2021 9:00 pm

I just applied this afternoon for re-registration NRIC for my Blue IC. It required digital photo and it must adhere to certain size rectangular and file size limitations. Phone photo is acceptable but only if not a selfie but taken by someone else (actually one could probably do to with a bluetooth activated selfie stick (long extendable style). I just settled for the local neighbourhood photo shop as I don't have any white walls or sheets in my house. Also, digital manipulation is not allowed. I have the perfect Green Screen wall on one side of my home office. But again, no can do. FYI
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

giantbok

Post by giantbok » Thu, 24 Jun 2021 10:25 am

Rsnn wrote:
Wed, 23 Jun 2021 5:14 pm
Do I need to bring my spouse for the completion of my Renewal of LTVP?
The sponsor and the applicant must be present during formalities. I just had the LTVP formalities for my son last April 2021. Physical photo is also needed, note that there's no more passport photo service inside the ICA building but there are neighborhood shop behind the ICA building that can do passport photo quickly. Hope this helps.

MOCHS
Reporter
Reporter

Post by MOCHS » Thu, 24 Jun 2021 12:05 pm

I would recommend to just bring a physical passport sized photo for any ICA appointment so you don’t have to waste 20 mins to hunt down for the shop(s) behind ICA and wait for it to be printed.

Learned my lesson for husband’s most recent appointment. I thought the digital photo upload was sufficient but the staff said the digital photo was the same as the one on his old card... which was very unusual since I did upload a new one. Oh well, can’t really argue with the officer so we just went behind ICA to search for a photography shop.