Singapore Expats Forum
 

Is there a PR salary req to sponsor parent's LTVP?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Post Reply
darez
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 2:40 pm

Is there a PR salary req to sponsor parent's LTVP?

Post by darez » Thu, 30 Jul 2020 10:18 pm

My brother's a PR of 3 years with 5k monthly salary. He's married to a Singapore citizen and together they have a Singapore citizen child. He just submitted a LTVP application for our mother but exactly one day after they went down to ICA for their appointment to submit the necessary documents, ICA's email came stating the application is unsuccessful.

Was salary the most likely reason for the swift rejection? There was no reason stated on the outcome email, and I've re-read ICA's LTVP section trying to find if there is any mention of salary requirement for the PR.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2687
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: Is there a PR salary req to sponsor parent's LTVP?

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 30 Jul 2020 10:28 pm

darez wrote:
Thu, 30 Jul 2020 10:18 pm
My brother's a PR of 3 years with 5k monthly salary. He's married to a Singapore citizen and together they have a Singapore citizen child. He just submitted a LTVP application for our mother but exactly one day after they went down to ICA for their appointment to submit the necessary documents, ICA's email came stating the application is unsuccessful.

Was salary the most likely reason for the swift rejection? There was no reason stated on the outcome email, and I've re-read ICA's LTVP section trying to find if there is any mention of salary requirement for the PR.
Where is your brother from? Salary MAY be one of the reasons but there can be other reasons too.

darez
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 2:40 pm

Re: Is there a PR salary req to sponsor parent's LTVP?

Post by darez » Thu, 30 Jul 2020 10:47 pm

We're Indonesian. Since primary 2 he'd been studying in SG, and only 4 years ago got married to a SG citizen and 3 years ago granted PR.

He's replied to the ICA outcome email, hoping they can provide more information on the rejection. Whether salary too low, incomplete application or etc. We're surprised it just took them 1 day to reject the application, since ICA website states it can take up to 6 weeks to process LTVP.

User avatar
jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 383
Joined: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 11:12 pm

Re: Is there a PR salary req to sponsor parent's LTVP?

Post by jamie9vardy » Thu, 30 Jul 2020 11:26 pm

Could also be due to the covid situation in Indonesia, for reasons that you should know better than me.

User avatar
jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 383
Joined: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 11:12 pm

Re: Is there a PR salary req to sponsor parent's LTVP?

Post by jamie9vardy » Thu, 30 Jul 2020 11:34 pm

- EP and SP holders will need to earn a minimum salary of $6,000 per month to sponsor their spouses or children on a DP.

- EP and SP holders will need to earn a minimum salary of $12,000 to be able to bring their parents to Singapore on a LTVP.

You may use these figures as a rough gauge.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2687
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: Is there a PR salary req to sponsor parent's LTVP?

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 31 Jul 2020 12:44 am

darez wrote:
Thu, 30 Jul 2020 10:47 pm
We're Indonesian. Since primary 2 he'd been studying in SG, and only 4 years ago got married to a SG citizen and 3 years ago granted PR.

He's replied to the ICA outcome email, hoping they can provide more information on the rejection. Whether salary too low, incomplete application or etc. We're surprised it just took them 1 day to reject the application, since ICA website states it can take up to 6 weeks to process LTVP.
Is his mom already in SG on SVP?
Is the LTVP application not fully online?
Why did he go to ICA to submit documents? What documents were they?

darez
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 2:40 pm

Re: Is there a PR salary req to sponsor parent's LTVP?

Post by darez » Fri, 31 Jul 2020 2:04 am

Yep, she's been in SG a week before the country closed itself from tourists. My brother applied online for the LTVP 5 days ago since Indonesia's covid situation is quite bad. Worried for her if she goes back and who knows when we can see her again/SG lifts the tourist entry ban. Anyway, after applying online my brother received email from ICA to come down with their docs:

"For us to consider your application for Visit Pass (long term), please come in person to the Visitor Services Centre with the required documents. Otherwise, your application will be treated as withdrawn. Please print a copy of the notice stating the list of required documents by following these steps:"

Docs such as sponsor's CPF and income tax, sponsor's spouse's CPF, marriage cert, their son's birth cert, employment letters and payslips, etc. Their appointment was on Wednesday, and immediately the day after came the email saying application was unsuccessful. So quick! Wonder why ICA asked them to come down with the docs if my brother's income is already too low.

@jamie9vardy, yep I've seen the salary reqs for EP. That's why I didn't apply to sponsor my mother since I hold EP but my salary isn't 12k+.

User avatar
PNGMK
Governor
Governor
Posts: 7190
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 9:06 pm
Location: Sinkapore

Re: Is there a PR salary req to sponsor parent's LTVP?

Post by PNGMK » Fri, 31 Jul 2020 11:06 am

You should try to continue to apply for SVP extensions.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2687
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: Is there a PR salary req to sponsor parent's LTVP?

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 31 Jul 2020 11:26 am

darez wrote:
Fri, 31 Jul 2020 2:04 am
Yep, she's been in SG a week before the country closed itself from tourists. My brother applied online for the LTVP 5 days ago since Indonesia's covid situation is quite bad. Worried for her if she goes back and who knows when we can see her again/SG lifts the tourist entry ban. Anyway, after applying online my brother received email from ICA to come down with their docs:

"For us to consider your application for Visit Pass (long term), please come in person to the Visitor Services Centre with the required documents. Otherwise, your application will be treated as withdrawn. Please print a copy of the notice stating the list of required documents by following these steps:"

Docs such as sponsor's CPF and income tax, sponsor's spouse's CPF, marriage cert, their son's birth cert, employment letters and payslips, etc. Their appointment was on Wednesday, and immediately the day after came the email saying application was unsuccessful. So quick! Wonder why ICA asked them to come down with the docs if my brother's income is already too low.

@jamie9vardy, yep I've seen the salary reqs for EP. That's why I didn't apply to sponsor my mother since I hold EP but my salary isn't 12k+.
submitting salary docs, etc is part of application procedure. even if the applicant does not meet the criteria, they would still need the copy of the documents, etc?

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests