Singapore Expats

Problem paying Unsecured Loans

Discuss the different banking options, rates, offers and perks.
piper28

Problem paying Unsecured Loans

Post by piper28 » Thu, 30 Jul 2020 6:57 pm

Hi , i have read many threads about outstanding loans here in singapore

I was singapore PR from 2005-2017, in 2017 i moved back to my country.. then renounce my PR at the same time, when leaving singapore i have paid and closed most of my CC & Loans. left only 2 banks retained.

Only 2019, i have to loan for money from here, because i thought the interest was lower and i need the case urgently for medical and renovation. My planning was to paid it within months, because i have some expected income in coming months. But i have miscalculate it, and got delayed till now, i have been paying the loans monthly to the banks, until the recent months (may2020).

I almost got a job back in singapore on March but all gone because of covid situation.
It's getting hard for me to pay it monthly with current situation, i have contacted the banks if i could get the covid 19 debt reconciliation, but they need me to clear the arrears , which i told them i only can pay in it september..

1 Bank have agree on it and ask me $1000 initial payment, the other ask me to regularize the account also asking $1000 .

I'm picking up their calls, and also send email to request kind of like installment payment, but they only say please pay minimum before i can paid off everything.
Truthfully speaking the amount i have to pay now is almost 60% my current income today, i just spoke to them few days ago.

ANy thought that is should do ? how i can persuade them to grant the installment, with my overseas residential.. what happened if i cant really my and it's lapsed, they say they will close my account.. but i have no idea what will precede afterwards.

Im no-longer PR and have no assets what so ever in SG, and have cashed out my CPF. im afraid if they still refuse my september proposal to start paying they will sue me and prevent me to go in SG.

Best Regards

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: Problem paying Unsecured Loans

Post by PNGMK » Wed, 30 Sep 2020 8:59 am

He is probably ignoring letters and calls from the bank.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: Problem paying Unsecured Loans

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 12 Oct 2020 11:47 am

Actually Michael MAS is extending that (with some conditions around part payment) to June 2021 I believe. However a giant freaking caveat - your accounts must be "in good order" to qualify which most of these scoundrels probably are not.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!