Singapore Expats Forum

Pick-up lines at the gym

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Raven

Pick-up lines at the gym

Postby Raven » Thu, 17 Mar 2005 5:01 pm

Did anyone read today's edition of Straits Times Urban? Gyms are supposedly the "new" pick-up joints and people use pick-up lines that are as lame as "You look good when you sweat" :shock:

Anyone wants to share what's the funniest pick-up line that used at the gym (real or imagined)? This is a humorous thread not to be taken seriously.

anna

Postby anna » Thu, 17 Mar 2005 5:04 pm

you have a full bodied odour!

Boogers22

Re: Pick-up lines at the gym

Postby Boogers22 » Thu, 17 Mar 2005 11:41 pm

Raven wrote:Did anyone read today's edition of Straits Times Urban? Gyms are supposedly the "new" pick-up joints and people use pick-up lines that are as lame as "You look good when you sweat" :shock:

Anyone wants to share what's the funniest pick-up line that used at the gym (real or imagined)? This is a humorous thread not to be taken seriously.

"Is that a dumbell in your pants, or are you just happy to see me?"

dolby

Postby dolby » Fri, 18 Mar 2005 1:18 am

"Wow you look fit, do you work out?" :lol:

gym maniac

pick-up ..

Postby gym maniac » Fri, 18 Mar 2005 8:24 am

'U badly need a 'deodorant'. Shall we go and buy one later?"

One nice is always:

"what do u do after this workout.. shall we... have a drink?'

or

'U shud be sweating more... but u cant reach this here :lol: :lol: "

boring subject, frens... I am out.

Raven

Postby Raven » Fri, 18 Mar 2005 12:06 pm

Ok I have been approached at the gym before. No pick up line. The guy just walked up to me when I was taking a break at one of the weight machines and asked to share sets. We started chatting from there and he asked me out for a drink. Unfortunately, he was balding and had a huge beer belly. So I said no.

Another time, some guy came up to me to say I am not using the weight machine in exactly the right way and gave me some tips. He also started chatting with me from there and asked me out. But I said no because I wasn't attracted to him.

Perhaps other people have more interesting stories to share?

gym maniacII

pick up sh..

Postby gym maniacII » Fri, 18 Mar 2005 2:46 pm

Btw, i am the gym maniac (guy).

This story makes me a bit sick. I am new in sing, trying to make new friends, trying to get to know more people and u talk to people in the gym the reaction is exatly this topic we have now... useless. cheers 8)

Raven

Postby Raven » Fri, 18 Mar 2005 4:00 pm

I don't mind going out with a guy from the gym.... provided I find him attractive.

gym maniacIII

Postby gym maniacIII » Fri, 18 Mar 2005 5:30 pm

Raven wrote:I don't mind going out with a guy from the gym.... provided I find him attractive.

So what is attractive for you? 6pack? :lol: I dont know many people who decide from what they see if they go for a drink or not. Attractiveness comes with what u dont see.... with what u feel how a person is.

Which gym do u normally go to? I wud to see if u wud find me attractive... :D :)

Raven

Postby Raven » Fri, 18 Mar 2005 6:19 pm

I work out at Fitness First.

Not looking for a six pack. In fact, guys that are overly built-up are a turn-off for me. Just someone with even features, nice smile and a toned body.

gym maniac4

Postby gym maniac4 » Sat, 19 Mar 2005 10:20 am

I work out at california on orchard.. too bad, we wil not meet there then. btw, i dont have 6pack and this not my aim. cheeeerrrsss :lol:

Raven

Postby Raven » Sat, 19 Mar 2005 12:47 pm

You're at CF Orchard? I used to be there too but dropped out after 6 months because I got tired of the queues everywhere - the machines, classes, shower rooms etc. I tried to go at off peak hours instead but found that very inconvenient. I pay more at Fitness First but I don't mind because I can finish my work out in an hour and go out after that.

Yes, I agree that gym is not about getting that six pack. For me, it's more about de-stressing. Some people de-stress by smoking, others by drinking or loading up on the junk food. I like to go for a run and lift some weights. With the rush of endorphins, all my stress is gone. Thanks to regular work outs, I have also started to sleep better at night, become more alert during the day and develop better posture (used to have a slouch from weak back muscles). Of course, it is certainly nice to have a toned body and to have a look at other equally toned bodies :D But going to the gym is also about feeling good inside out.

Sure gym is a nice place to meet people- not so much because they are more likely to have a firm sexy body, but because they share a similar lifestyle. Happy working out gym maniac and good luck on making new friends there!

joe blogger

Postby joe blogger » Sun, 20 Mar 2005 3:14 am

i have seen u raven...i too go to FF quite regularly but i have to say, most of the women in FF look pretty bad, either in shape or in looks. frankly, CF has a better selection of female bodies....the girls there are a lot friendlier...i once shared a threadmill with this caucasian girl as all of them were occupied (the machines i mean, not the girls!) during the peak hours...i must say brisk walking in unison behind a sweaty gorgeous girl in tight leotards can really get the heart pumping....i believe she knew what she was doing as there were moments when she would deliberately slow down so that she would bumb into me and my appreciative organ.....suffice to say, the night ended with further workout of a horizontal variety :)

Raven

Postby Raven » Sun, 20 Mar 2005 8:28 am

Joe Blogger, you post seems to reflect more on you than it does on me. Happy fantasising!

joe blogger

Postby joe blogger » Sun, 20 Mar 2005 5:10 pm

fantasising? :) there is no need for that....in any case, it isnt important to me whether u believe the events i described...it is enough for me to know :) the main point i wanted to make to u, raven was that u should get down from your high horse...from what i could make of your face, those two who approached u for dates probably werent wearing their glasses during gym but hey, only they will know why they were stupid enough to address your highness and airyness!

happy tv dinners and good books on a saturday night! lol