Singapore Expats Forum
 

SVP Extension denied

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Post Reply
hriday9
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue, 19 Dec 2017 1:13 pm

SVP Extension denied

Post by hriday9 » Tue, 28 Jul 2020 3:44 pm

Hi All

I was on EP and lost the job, my SVP is valid until 8th Aug

I asked the employer to submit this form https://form.gov.sg/#!/5e32864e3733960011b05603

But it seems I submitted too early when there were more than 7 days left on my SVP

So MOM denied SVP application and said there are still flights and I should try and book

if I can't find flights until 31st Aug then I can appeal for svp extension

Recently I found the job and EP applied on 27 July

There are limited flights only and hard to get nominated to go back and I wish to extend SVP

While new EP is pending.

Please suggest

Thanks

User avatar
PNGMK
Governor
Governor
Posts: 7190
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 9:06 pm
Location: Sinkapore

Re: SVP Extension denied

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 28 Jul 2020 10:05 pm

Inform ICA of your new job offer. Congrats. They will most likely allow the extension on that basis.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

hriday9
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue, 19 Dec 2017 1:13 pm

Re: SVP Extension denied

Post by hriday9 » Wed, 29 Jul 2020 4:13 pm

Thanks but i called ICA, they said SVP is given by MOM based on my EP

So i need to ask MOM

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2687
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: SVP Extension denied

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 29 Jul 2020 11:18 pm

hriday9 wrote:
Wed, 29 Jul 2020 4:13 pm
Thanks but i called ICA, they said SVP is given by MOM based on my EP

So i need to ask MOM
Yes, the SVP given to you on EP cancellation is via MOM. So, you need to approach them. But not sure if you will be able to get an extension on the basis of EP application which is in progress

LG4god
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed, 29 Jul 2020 12:41 pm

Re: SVP Extension denied

Post by LG4god » Wed, 29 Jul 2020 11:45 pm

hriday9 wrote:
Tue, 28 Jul 2020 3:44 pm
Hi All

I was on EP and lost the job, my SVP is valid until 8th Aug

I asked the employer to submit this form https://form.gov.sg/#!/5e32864e3733960011b05603

But it seems I submitted too early when there were more than 7 days left on my SVP

So MOM denied SVP application and said there are still flights and I should try and book

if I can't find flights until 31st Aug then I can appeal for svp extension

Recently I found the job and EP applied on 27 July

There are limited flights only and hard to get nominated to go back and I wish to extend SVP

While new EP is pending.

Please suggest

Thanks
One of my friend has faced the same problem. He went to the MOM and show his pending status for new employer and he got the extension for another 2 weeks.
Last edited by LG4god on Thu, 30 Jul 2020 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2687
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: SVP Extension denied

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 30 Jul 2020 12:11 am

LG4god wrote:
Wed, 29 Jul 2020 11:45 pm
hriday9 wrote:
Tue, 28 Jul 2020 3:44 pm
Hi All

I was on EP and lost the job, my SVP is valid until 8th Aug

I asked the employer to submit this form https://form.gov.sg/#!/5e32864e3733960011b05603

But it seems I submitted too early when there were more than 7 days left on my SVP

So MOM denied SVP application and said there are still flights and I should try and book

if I can't find flights until 31st Aug then I can appeal for svp extension

Recently I found the job and EP applied on 27 July

There are limited flights only and hard to get nominated to go back and I wish to extend SVP

While new EP is pending.

Please suggest

Thanks
Please whats app on XXXXXXX, able to suggest you.
Why not advise here so that all can know? leaving your phone number on a public forum, you are bound to get tons of spam messages and some even from bots, etc

LG4god
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed, 29 Jul 2020 12:41 pm

Re: SVP Extension denied

Post by LG4god » Thu, 30 Jul 2020 3:22 pm

hriday9 wrote:
Tue, 28 Jul 2020 3:44 pm
Hi All

I was on EP and lost the job, my SVP is valid until 8th Aug

I asked the employer to submit this form https://form.gov.sg/#!/5e32864e3733960011b05603

But it seems I submitted too early when there were more than 7 days left on my SVP

So MOM denied SVP application and said there are still flights and I should try and book

if I can't find flights until 31st Aug then I can appeal for svp extension

Recently I found the job and EP applied on 27 July

There are limited flights only and hard to get nominated to go back and I wish to extend SVP

While new EP is pending.

Please suggest

Thanks
Can you please contact me on +XXXXXXXXXXXX or +XXXXXXXXXXXXX whats app

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 37165
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 1
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: SVP Extension denied

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 30 Jul 2020 3:51 pm

LG4god,

It would appear that you are soliciting in direct conflict with our rules of conduct on this forum. One more instance and you will be banned from this forum.

Moderator

LG4god
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed, 29 Jul 2020 12:41 pm

Re: SVP Extension denied

Post by LG4god » Thu, 30 Jul 2020 4:26 pm

LG4god wrote:
Thu, 30 Jul 2020 3:22 pm
hriday9 wrote:
Tue, 28 Jul 2020 3:44 pm
Hi All

I was on EP and lost the job, my SVP is valid until 8th Aug

I asked the employer to submit this form https://form.gov.sg/#!/5e32864e3733960011b05603

But it seems I submitted too early when there were more than 7 days left on my SVP

So MOM denied SVP application and said there are still flights and I should try and book

if I can't find flights until 31st Aug then I can appeal for svp extension

Recently I found the job and EP applied on 27 July

There are limited flights only and hard to get nominated to go back and I wish to extend SVP

While new EP is pending.

Please suggest

Thanks
Please contact MOM

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: sqv305 and 23 guests