Singapore Expats Forum

British - Moving to SG (Wife is SC)

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

One World International School

Sponsored by:

Singapore Immigration Experts
Sbk

Re: British - Moving to SG (Wife is SC)

Post by Sbk » Wed, 17 Feb 2021 7:01 am

Sunjackal wrote:
Thu, 04 Feb 2021 3:31 pm
Can’t apply for the LTVP from abroad. We tried it on her Singpass but it wants my disembarkation number etc - which cannot provide as I am not there.

Have just decided to apply for PR directly. Will basically be the same process as you suggested, just that I’ll have to wait to get back into SG before I apply for the LTVP.
Actually, there is an easier way to get the disembarkation number, just download the SG Arrival Card from the Apple store or Google store. Create your profile and create a record of when you plan to come to Singapore next, best to choose a much later date incase u need to change it, that will generate a DE number which you can use to apply for LTVP, trust me the LTVP will be your best option right, PR will take a very long time to be processed which will most likely end up in rejection coz you have not stayed in Singapore long enough to adapt to the culture, very rarely it will get approved, furthermore, your wife doesn’t have any income tax returns in SG, that makes it more difficult for PR application. In any case, this is just my opinion and I wish you good luck,