Singapore Expats Forum

Any running groups out there?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
sassy-saskia

Any running groups out there?

Postby sassy-saskia » Thu, 17 Mar 2005 12:14 pm

Hi all,

I'm new to this, so please be patient with me. I'm a Singaporean who's lived in Oz for the last 7years and looking to move back in the next couple of months. I feel like I'm back on training wheels cos I have absolutely no idea how things work there anymore and have to learn everything from scratch. Anyway, first things first - I'm a keen runner and am looking to either join a running club or start on. Is there a branch of the Hash House Harriers here? Also, would love to hear from like-minded individuals who are outgoing, sporty (rollerblading, running, windsurfing, gym-related activities, etc), motivated and willing to try out new things.

regards
SS

moloch71
Regular
Regular

Postby moloch71 » Thu, 17 Mar 2005 12:30 pm

sassy-saskia : check out this thread :
http://www.singaporeexpats.com/forum/ft ... ht=running

you can thank me after you recover from running up and down the hills :P
Moloch horridus - Australian horny devil lizard, exceptional specimens have been found measuring 8 inches.

merlin69

Trail running

Postby merlin69 » Thu, 17 Mar 2005 10:29 pm

Hello,

I run regularly onroad and less regularly off, on the McRitchie Trail. I usually park at SICC Thomson and run CW to McRitchie Park and then to SICC Sime and around back to SICC Thomson. Its about 11.3 to 12km in all depending on if you take any scenic detours. I usually top it off with a soak in the pool as well. If you are game, I am happy to run early weekdays about 0730 - 0800 hrs and take about 75 to 80 minutes to complete. Weekends are difficult as the trail becomes as congested as Orchard Road.

Rgds

Bryan

Conscripted

Postby Conscripted » Fri, 18 Mar 2005 8:41 am

i'm keen on running on weeknights at macritchie. there are a couple of others here in this forum keen too.

seraphim
Reporter
Reporter

Postby seraphim » Sat, 19 Mar 2005 3:38 pm

Hey there.....I'm trying to organize weeknight running sessions at MacRitchie park. Which nights are good for you?

MacR

Postby MacR » Fri, 01 Apr 2005 5:14 pm

MacRitchie Runners

http://www.mr25.org.sg/

eh+lah

Postby eh+lah » Tue, 10 May 2005 12:54 pm

hmm i wonder what it'll be like to run in sg again. humid air. hmm :P might give it a try when i'm back in aug. who else wants to go?