Singapore Expats

Extending validity of In-Principle Approval (IPA) letter during COVID-19/14-day SHN

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
tabby17

Extending validity of In-Principle Approval (IPA) letter during COVID-19/14-day SHN

Post by tabby17 » Wed, 15 Jul 2020 1:10 pm

Last edited by tabby17 on Mon, 12 Oct 2020 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

tabby17

Re: Extending validity of In-Principle Approval (IPA) letter during COVID-19/14-day SHN

Post by tabby17 » Wed, 15 Jul 2020 6:39 pm

Last edited by tabby17 on Mon, 12 Oct 2020 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Re: Extending validity of In-Principle Approval (IPA) letter during COVID-19/14-day SHN

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 17 Jul 2020 11:34 pm

tabby17 wrote:
Wed, 15 Jul 2020 6:39 pm
Also, just to add: I have not yet applied for ENTRY approval to SG, but in case my entry approval were to *also* be constantly denied (as many others have faced), or I could not get on one of the very limited flights per week to Singapore - that would be more reasons I'd be unable to enter SG in this tiny window prior to Aug 7 (out of my control, obviously).

Wondering whether this would also be kept in mind when requesting an IPA extension?
Not going to be easy for you to get Entry approval, when even normal EP entry approvals are being rejected at times. When was your WHP approved?

JoseDomingos

Post by JoseDomingos » Mon, 27 Jul 2020 10:22 am

Hi tabby17, I am in similar situation. what was your outcome?

tabby17

Post by tabby17 » Mon, 27 Jul 2020 12:01 pm

JoseDomingos wrote:
Mon, 27 Jul 2020 10:22 am
Hi tabby17, I am in similar situation. what was your outcome?
No update yet, as I cannot receive/apply for an extension earlier than 2 weeks prior to expiry. Are you also on WHP and when is your IPA valid until? Did you already receive an auto extension?

vesperlynd16

Post by vesperlynd16 » Sun, 27 Sep 2020 7:48 am

Hi tabby17, did you request for IPA extension? what was the result?

Viby

Post by Viby » Wed, 07 Oct 2020 7:45 pm

Hi,

My IPA is due for expiry. It was extended once in August. I applied for entry approval from India but was rejected. Now i have applied for IPA extension. Is anyone aware if MOM is extending IPA for second time during the current times as they are not yet giving entry approvals. If my IPA is not extended my EP shall stand cancelled.

Can anyone guide please. Thank you

Regards

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 07 Oct 2020 10:28 pm

Viby wrote:
Wed, 07 Oct 2020 7:45 pm
Hi,

My IPA is due for expiry. It was extended once in August. I applied for entry approval from India but was rejected. Now i have applied for IPA extension. Is anyone aware if MOM is extending IPA for second time during the current times as they are not yet giving entry approvals. If my IPA is not extended my EP shall stand cancelled.

Can anyone guide please. Thank you

Regards
I think recently MOM is allowing ONE last extension and not after that. asked to reapply for the pass after covid gets better

Viby

Post by Viby » Thu, 08 Oct 2020 5:28 pm

Thanks a lot for responding singaporeflyer.
Just to add the IPA was issued renewal of EP and not a fresh EP. MOM itself is not giving entry approval so IPA is bound to expire leading to cancellation of EP renewal which was already approved in the first place. Either MOM should allow entry or if they cannot allow entry they should extend IPA. I will lose my job for no good reason. Can anyone throw some light on what can be done in this situation.

Regards

Viby

Post by Viby » Thu, 08 Oct 2020 5:32 pm

Hi tabby17,

çan you please share what was the outcome in your case?

Regards
tabby17 wrote:
Wed, 15 Jul 2020 1:10 pm
Hello!

Was approved for a Work Holiday Pass application in Jan 2020, following which I was issued an In-Principle Approval (IPA) letter valid until June. This IPA was then auto-extended (due to COVID) until 21 August. Unfortunately, I am unable to travel until late August or early September.

Right now, this means I will have to enter SG atleast 15-16 days before 21 August just to be safe. I would already have to be in SG on the 7th or before, to serve my SHN and collect my pass in time as the IPA must still be valid on the date of your appointment.

The MoM has an online form for extending IPA validity. This can only be requested within 14 days of the IPA expiry date (so Aug 7). This is obviously impossible as I will already have to be in Singapore 14 days prior to the expiry of my IPA. I cannot risk waiting for, e.g. 7 Aug to request an extension, then finding out it was rejected.. which would mean the end of my Work Pass altogether!

I called MoM and the officer on the phone said "the officers should understand and provide you your extension, just wait 14 days until your expiry then try sending your form again" but obviously with this not being a guarantee I'm still hesitant.

Has anyone on here had prior experiences with extending IPA approval via MoM, especially during this pandemic? What were your results? Are they lenient on providing approvals and usually do so as long as you have sent your form in time, or is this very risky? Keeping in mind I've already received the automatic extension once because of COVID.

Thank you very much!

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 08 Oct 2020 5:48 pm

Viby wrote:
Thu, 08 Oct 2020 5:28 pm
Thanks a lot for responding singaporeflyer.
Just to add the IPA was issued renewal of EP and not a fresh EP. MOM itself is not giving entry approval so IPA is bound to expire leading to cancellation of EP renewal which was already approved in the first place. Either MOM should allow entry or if they cannot allow entry they should extend IPA. I will lose my job for no good reason. Can anyone throw some light on what can be done in this situation.

Regards
MOM has their policies, which wont change. The current process is one final extension for IPA and if you cant enter within that time, then employer will be asked to reapply new pass later when the covid situation stabilizes.

Viby

Post by Viby » Fri, 09 Oct 2020 12:19 pm

Thanks singaporeflyer for your response.
I get that. Just that getting a new pass in the current circumstances may be all the more challenging.

Regards