Singapore Expats

New EP application during card registration stage

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
expat_nando

New EP application during card registration stage

Post by expat_nando » Fri, 10 Jul 2020 12:41 pm

Heyy guys!

I am in bit of a situation related to employment pass and changing companies, hoping I will get some answers and suggestions on how to proceed after the below sequence of events:

1) Interviewing with company A and Company B
2) Company B is bigger(around 3500employees) and stable than company A(start-up, around 100employees)
3) Company A offered a role(~5.5k) and provided me with tight deadlines to accept.
4) Company B had a long process pending still and i was not sure if company B is actually going to offer me one in the coming days.
5) Accepted company A's offer and EP application got approved in few weeks.
6) Joined company A and they provided me with an "issuance of EP card"/notification letter from MoM which says i have to make an appointment for card registration by this date and also states that i can stay and work from this date to +1 month.
7) company B comes with an offer now :???: which is far better (8k + bonus)

Note: eponline status shows the status as "issued" even though I don't have a card!

Now,
1) Can company B apply for EP application in this state? Or wait for EP card to arrive?
2) Can company B apply for EP application before I resign from company A and cancel existing EP.
3) Will MoM reject the new EP as I have spent like a week in the current company? Will salary bump help in approval rate?
4) In the worst-case i.e. new EP rejected and existing EP is canceled by company A, will I be given some time to stay back and apply for other passes like LTVP etc, what's the process here?

Hoping to get some amazing responses and help! O:)