Singapore Expats

BTT for license conversion

Discuss how you can convert your foreign drivers' licence and other topics relating to drivers' licence.
daria1

Re: BTT for license conversion

Post by daria1 » Fri, 02 Oct 2020 12:36 pm

is this for real?? I can't book a BTT conversion test online? In 2020!

So I just checked. Comfort Del Gro - I can't just walk in. I have to book an appointment just so I can book an appointment to take a test. Oh yeah, and they're all booked up for the next 5 weeks. Oh yeah, and then they can only show 2 weeks viability for their calendar.

mohamed66

Post by mohamed66 » Thu, 08 Oct 2020 11:01 am

Just to update you all ..

I have got my license converted now. Let me tell the procedure what I went through

I went to Traffic police with all the proofs I have like Passport, IC and Driving license. They gave me a pink form and asked me to get a driving confirmation letter from Indian embassy or BLS. Then I went to BLS and applied for driving confirmation letter where they charged me 55$ (45$ for the service and 10$ for couriering the document). After 5 days I got the document. Yesterday I went to Traffic police and submitted all the document along with confirmation letter and paid 50$.

They gave me a temporary license until the priginal is couriered over.

Thats it. Hope this helps for new users who would like to change.

Note: My indian driving license is quite old so they have asked me a confirmation letter, if my driving license have a barcode which is new one then they dont ask for any confirmation letter.

TropicalExpat
Chatter
Chatter
Answers: 1

Post by TropicalExpat » Thu, 08 Oct 2020 1:34 pm

mohamed66 wrote:
Thu, 08 Oct 2020 11:01 am

I have got my license converted now. Let me tell the procedure what I went through

I went to Traffic police with all the proofs I have like Passport, IC and Driving license. They gave me a pink form and asked me to get a driving confirmation letter from Indian embassy or BLS. Then I went to BLS and applied for driving confirmation letter where they charged me 55$ (45$ for the service and 10$ for couriering the document). After 5 days I got the document. Yesterday I went to Traffic police and submitted all the document along with confirmation letter and paid 50$.

Note: My indian driving license is quite old so they have asked me a confirmation letter, if my driving license have a barcode which is new one then they dont ask for any confirmation letter.
Thanks mohamed66

Can I check your BTT prior procedure as well?

You went to ComfortDelGro Driving Centre, tell them you want to take test only.

You opened an account - costs $11.50? They provide you username and password.
Book a test - costs $6.50?
Can open account and book test at the same time?

When was the nearest test date available?

mohamed66

Post by mohamed66 » Thu, 08 Oct 2020 1:44 pm

TropicalExpat wrote:
Thu, 08 Oct 2020 1:34 pm
mohamed66 wrote:

Thanks mohamed66

$11.50 is for both account creation and test. They will give you username and password. You dont need to pay anymore for test. Just login and check the slot available for test and book it.
You cannot book test at the time of account creation since the account will be activated the next day.

TropicalExpat
Chatter
Chatter
Answers: 1

Post by TropicalExpat » Thu, 08 Oct 2020 2:06 pm

mohamed66 wrote:
Thu, 08 Oct 2020 1:44 pm
TropicalExpat wrote:
Thu, 08 Oct 2020 1:34 pm
mohamed66 wrote:

Thanks mohamed66

$11.50 is for both account creation and test. They will give you username and password. You dont need to pay anymore for test. Just login and check the slot available for test and book it.
You cannot book test at the time of account creation since the account will be activated the next day.
Very helpful. Thanks!

daria1

Post by daria1 » Mon, 09 Nov 2020 10:04 am

Anyone know how strictly applied the 12 month rule is for foreign drivers license conversion?

As mentioned previously, I had to wait 5 weeks to book an appointment with CDG just so I can book a driving theory test. The lady said I have two options, I can pay for their online tutoring for the theory test, circa $70, and can book my online test for early December. Or I can only pay the $11.50 but will have to wait until end of January to get a test time.

If I had of known it takes over the 3 months to simply convert a foreign driver's license I would have started this process when I first arrived. Other countries I have lived in is literally walk in, show foreign license, show proof of residency, pay the fee and walk out. Surely they can't enforce this 12 month policy given the time they take, not to mention Covid.

mohamed66

Post by mohamed66 » Mon, 09 Nov 2020 10:42 am

daria1 wrote:
Mon, 09 Nov 2020 10:04 am
Anyone know how strictly applied the 12 month rule is for foreign drivers license conversion?

As mentioned previously, I had to wait 5 weeks to book an appointment with CDG just so I can book a driving theory test. The lady said I have two options, I can pay for their online tutoring for the theory test, circa $70, and can book my online test for early December. Or I can only pay the $11.50 but will have to wait until end of January to get a test time.

If I had of known it takes over the 3 months to simply convert a foreign driver's license I would have started this process when I first arrived. Other countries I have lived in is literally walk in, show foreign license, show proof of residency, pay the fee and walk out. Surely they can't enforce this 12 month policy given the time they take, not to mention Covid.
Wait until January to book theory test. The test is so easy if you study well and did some practice test online. Don't waste your money la.

Jmin

Post by Jmin » Mon, 04 Jan 2021 5:23 pm

Hey guys, anyone knows whether can i just bring my international license instead of my foreign license for the application of the conversion? TIA :)

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 05 Jan 2021 8:11 am

Jmin wrote:
Mon, 04 Jan 2021 5:23 pm
Hey guys, anyone knows whether can i just bring my international license instead of my foreign license for the application of the conversion? TIA :)
Nope. There is no such thing as an "international license". There is an International Driving Permit (issued by AA etc) but it relies on your original driving license to be valid.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

sndy
Regular
Regular

Post by sndy » Mon, 10 May 2021 1:58 pm

Apparently walk-in registration is no more allowed. Need to make an appointment for account creation as well or pay the 80$ for online course.