Singapore Expats

EP change job during phase 2 reopening

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
nic1012

EP change job during phase 2 reopening

Post by nic1012 » Mon, 06 Jul 2020 10:24 pm

Hi! Anyone knows the chance of EP grant during phase 2 reopening for people currently in Singapore?

I'm currently an EP holder, and want to change a job. Is it possible to have the new employer applying new EP before notifying to current employer? Is it possible to only notify current employer and accept offer after new EP approved? As I'm concerned new EP approval will be quite limited due to covid-19, and change a job on EP status could be exposed to risk on visa status.
Thanks for your helps!!

Sbk
Regular
Regular
Answers: 1

Re: EP change job during phase 2 reopening

Post by Sbk » Sun, 12 Jul 2020 4:51 pm

I think you have already answered your own questions, if you want to gamble, go ahead, but their are alot of locals without jobs right now, and that is the priority of the government for the locals to make sure they are employed.

daxiuyi85

Post by daxiuyi85 » Sun, 12 Jul 2020 5:55 pm

nic1012 wrote:
Mon, 06 Jul 2020 10:24 pm
Hi! Anyone knows the chance of EP grant during phase 2 reopening for people currently in Singapore?

I'm currently an EP holder, and want to change a job. Is it possible to have the new employer applying new EP before notifying to current employer?
Yes. If you're already in Singapore it is possible for a would-be employer to apply for a new EP for you (if you were out of country then forget about it for now).
Is it possible to only notify current employer and accept offer after new EP approved?
Of course, and that's what you should do any rate. Only resign from your current EP job once the new EP has been approved. Don't take any chances.
As I'm concerned new EP approval will be quite limited due to covid-19
Obviously depends case by case (industry, income, new employer etc), but in general (and as commented elsewhere), I'd imagine the MOM will be less likely to approve new EPs.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Sun, 12 Jul 2020 8:10 pm

nic1012 wrote:

I'm currently an EP holder, and want to change a job. Is it possible to have the new employer applying new EP before notifying to current employer? Is it possible to only notify current employer and accept offer after new EP approved? As I'm concerned new EP approval will be quite limited due to covid-19, and change a job on EP status could be exposed to risk on visa status.
Thanks for your helps!!
Possible.

But your current employer if he/she wants to, can still find out if you are searching for a job or have a application pending by searching in the EPOL website. But no one can say if your current employer will do that.

But as a safe step, ALWAYS resign ONLY after your EP in new company is APPROVED. But take into consideration whether your new company will keep for employed for long, etc in the current economic situation.

laziomania

Post by laziomania » Wed, 22 Jul 2020 7:25 pm

Hello - do you mind sharing how things turn out for you? Thank you!

laziomania

Post by laziomania » Wed, 22 Jul 2020 7:30 pm

nic1012 wrote:

Thanks for your helps!!
Hello - do you mind sharing how things turn out for you? Thank you!