Singapore Expats

Would you order food with others nearby to save on delivery costs?

Discuss about food, eating places, shopping centres, clubs, pubs, massage, sports, travel & holidays. Share tips on best place to chill, party, relax or travel destinations.
Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Re: Would you order food with others nearby to save on delivery costs?

Post by Lisafuller » Sat, 06 Mar 2021 5:22 pm

abbby wrote:
Tue, 02 Mar 2021 4:18 pm
I stick to foodpanda and grabfood, typically more on foodpanda cos where I am there's some free delivery options, $1.99 delivery fee to about $5 which I feel is fair.

Grabfood on the other hand can be quite expensive on delivery like starts from $5 - $7 during peak hours. and the prices keeps fluctuating.

On reliability, both are equal.
I prefer Grabfood for the most part because they run a points reward program, each order you make earns you points which can then be converted into rewards. I only order from food panda when the deliver fee on grabfood is too high, for the most part I’ve noticed that they have similar merchants on both platforms.

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Re: Would you order food with others nearby to save on delivery costs?

Post by Lisafuller » Mon, 12 Apr 2021 10:46 am

BrightM wrote:
Mon, 12 Apr 2021 6:54 am
Usually, I use Grabfood. Never thought about ordering food with others nearby, but I guess, it depends on a person. In case we are going to have dinner together, then why not?
I don’t think the point was to eat together. The idea is sharing delivery fee with neighbors who are also planning to order. Even so, it seems like too much trouble. Having to co-ordinate payment, delivery times, and individual orders seems like far too much hassle. And all of this is with the assumption that you are both willing to eat from the same vendor.