Singapore Expats

PR Chances for Indian couple

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
SG-Header

Post by SG-Header » Mon, 06 Jul 2020 12:09 am

Hi,

We are an Indian couple (no kids) who have applied for PR in March 2020. The status is still pending but I would want to get an opinion on our chances. Our profile:
Self: Male, 32yrs
Nationality: Indian
Pass type: EP
Job: Front office Banking in a top US bank
Salary: $110k
Years in SG: 2yrs (2 NOAs)
Education: Bachelors in engineering and MBA from India.

Wife: 31yrs
Nationality: Indian
Pass type: SPass
Job: Senior Consultant with a top US tech firm
Salary: $67k
Years in SG: 2 yrs (1 NOA)
Education: Bachelors in commerce and MBA from India.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: PR Chances for Indian couple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 06 Jul 2020 1:19 am

Honestly? Low to zero. Not been here long enough. Positions can be replaced with locals easily enough. Application during Health/economic crisis which looks like application of desperation. Add to that, wrong flavour of the month as well.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

SG-Header

Post by SG-Header » Mon, 06 Jul 2020 1:44 am

Thanks. Honestly, I’m not very hopeful either. Do you think it will help if we re-apply after a year or so? I don’t anticipate a major upgrade to our profiles by then - perhaps a promotion for us both and a corresponding salary hike.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 06 Jul 2020 10:20 am

Not a chance. Your biggest risk is that when the PAP is thrashed during the GE they will react with wholescale EP cancellation / double checking. Personally I think both of your jobs can be done by a local and the MOM will be under extreme pressure to think the same way particularly as your are both on salaries that look lower than what a local would be on and hence your employer/s are engaged in cost offsetting to the detriment of the local employment pool.

I'm not disgusted with either of your personally but your employer's give me the shits.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

SG-Header

Post by SG-Header » Mon, 06 Jul 2020 11:58 am

Hmmm ok. What can we do to improve our chances? We really love Singapore and want to live here long term and have a family.

jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jamie9vardy » Mon, 06 Jul 2020 1:05 pm

SG-Header wrote:Hmmm ok. What can we do to improve our chances? We really love Singapore and want to live here long term and have a family.
Other than the usual longer stay, salary increment and upskilling yourself (but you already have a MASTERS), there isn’t much you could do to improve your chances in the short term. Unless you’re able to change your nationality to Malaysian and race to Chinese or come out with a vaccine for Covid for mass production in these few months.

That’s not how it works here. No matter how much you love Singapore, you may not get the same love from the Singapore government.