Singapore Expats

Deleted

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club
insanepoison97

Deleted

Post by insanepoison97 » Mon, 06 Jul 2020 12:08 am

- deleted
Last edited by insanepoison97 on Mon, 26 Apr 2021 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Myasis Dragon
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 23

Re: Police froze my bank accounts

Post by Myasis Dragon » Mon, 06 Jul 2020 3:23 am

insanepoison97 wrote:
Mon, 06 Jul 2020 12:08 am
I am struggling with this since last week and will need to know the following.

There is this guy that Post a job on LinkedIn saying that there is this easy PA job to do and told interested applicants to telegram him. Because i want to earn extra money as my regular 9-6 job isn't really feeding my family during this period of time.

So my instructions from the guy was to confirm money received and receive money from client and transfer money to this DBS Multi currency account. Just on the first day, police report was make and 2nd day my bank account was frozen.

When i confronted the guy because i check on my bank account which i am only able to see my available balance to be 3 cents. This is ridiculous and the guy told me he is not lying. As my primary bank account is frozen, he rushed me to give him another bank account. And now this been a few days again and same thing happens.

Can someone advice me how long does it take to unfreeze a bank account ?
You have been scammed and are probably participating in an illegal activity. Nobody legitimate gives you money to put into your account so that you can forward it to another account. Nobody.

Your account is frozen because the police are aware of criminal activity. You may find yourself brought up on charges for money laundering or something similar.

Again, nobody legitimate gives you money to put in your account so that you can transfer it to another account. That is the essence of money laundering.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: Police froze my bank accounts

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 06 Jul 2020 10:14 am

Myasis is correct. You have been used as a money laundering mule. There is quite a lot of information around on this by the SPF so you really have no excuse for not knowing this. What will happen is anyone's guess but I doubt you'll be charged (edit: I should say I don't know if you will charged or not - I am not giving legal advice here). Your accounts will probably be locked for sometime so make arrangements to have your salary paid into a different account (that this crook doesn't know about).

It's very unfortunate you did it again without checking with DBS. They should have warned you that you were doing something stupid.

Singapore, unfortunately, is a favoured location for money laundering due to the lack of taxes applied on these sorts of activities but undoubtedly your "boss" was being watched and the bank flagged the transaction as suspicious. Some articles below to show you how serious this is.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/ ... ed-for-412

https://www.police.gov.sg/media-room/ne ... 4500%2C000.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!