PR application result for Dec 2019 applications

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Post Reply
TropicalExpat
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 339
Joined: Thu, 28 May 2020 5:02 pm
Answers: 1

Re: PR application result for Dec 2019 applications

Post by TropicalExpat » Thu, 20 Aug 2020 9:50 am

rajspy84 wrote:
Thu, 20 Aug 2020 8:17 am
I got my rejection today after applying in Dec 2019 and my letter simple states that "they have considered my application including supporting documents. We regret to inform you that your application is successful".

For others letter i have seen it has this as well "All SPR applications are assessed holistically under the prevailing criteria, including economic contribution, education qualifications and integration with Singapore society among other things." But it is missing from mine. Does it mean anything? Maybe I am reading too much into this

Anyway this is Our profile.

Age: 32
Race: Indian
Gender: Male
Marital Status: Married for 6 years
Education: Engineering Graduate from India
Job: Senior Software Engineer in company which is in software services for architecture, engineering, construction, manufacturing, media, education, and entertainment industries.
Length of stay in Singapore: almost 3 years (worked in the same company till now)
Income Tax Assessment : 3 Submitted
Total Job Experience: 9 Years
Salary:100k+
Pass: EP

applying with
- my wife in EP (72k+), Engineering Graduate and been here for 2 years ( working in the insurance company as Software engineer and submitted 2 Tax assessment)
- my son - 4-year-old

Any suggestion to improve my profile. I am thinking to try again after another 2-3 year or I should not apply at all in future
I am assuming there is a typo. You say "rejection" and then "successful"
"I got my rejection today after applying in Dec 2019 and my letter simple states that "they have considered my application including supporting documents. We regret to inform you that your application is successful". "

You may be reading too much into it.

I would say, looking at your profile, you don't stand a high chance. As I've said in prior posts I like to think of 10k per person per month as a the minimum starting point. Both your current salaries calculate up to around 7k per month.
And remember salary is not the only part.
Compare your profile your cohort. Many come with both an undergraduate degrees in engineering and then a masters degree. Neither of you appear to have a masters degree.
We always tell posters to ask the question: how are you adding more to Singapore, than you are taking away?

I would never tell people not to apply again in the future.

Hopefully in a few years time, your salaries will both be higher.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3960
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am
Answers: 1

Re: PR application result for Dec 2019 applications

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 20 Aug 2020 9:52 am

rajspy84 wrote:
Thu, 20 Aug 2020 8:17 am
I got my rejection today after applying in Dec 2019 and my letter simple states that "they have considered my application including supporting documents. We regret to inform you that your application is successful".

For others letter i have seen it has this as well "All SPR applications are assessed holistically under the prevailing criteria, including economic contribution, education qualifications and integration with Singapore society among other things." But it is missing from mine. Does it mean anything? Maybe I am reading too much into this

Anyway this is Our profile.

Age: 32
Race: Indian
Gender: Male
Marital Status: Married for 6 years
Education: Engineering Graduate from India
Job: Senior Software Engineer in company which is in software services for architecture, engineering, construction, manufacturing, media, education, and entertainment industries.
Length of stay in Singapore: almost 3 years (worked in the same company till now)
Income Tax Assessment : 3 Submitted
Total Job Experience: 9 Years
Salary:100k+
Pass: EP

applying with
- my wife in EP (72k+), Engineering Graduate and been here for 2 years ( working in the insurance company as Software engineer and submitted 2 Tax assessment)
- my son - 4-year-old

Any suggestion to improve my profile. I am thinking to try again after another 2-3 year or I should not apply at all in future
Please dont try to read too much into the rejection letter message pattern. Try to improve on your career path, education (if possible), salary, etc and then reapply after 2-3 years. Not before that. 3 years is too short stay in SG for PR

rajspy84
Member
Member
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu, 17 Aug 2017 5:41 pm

Re: PR application result for Dec 2019 applications

Post by rajspy84 » Thu, 20 Aug 2020 10:01 am

Thanks SF. That helps. When you mentioned "career path, education", does technical certification helps( i do not have any now) or doing masters only makes a difference

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3960
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am
Answers: 1

Re: PR application result for Dec 2019 applications

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 20 Aug 2020 10:04 am

rajspy84 wrote:
Thu, 20 Aug 2020 10:01 am
Thanks SF. That helps. When you mentioned "career path, education", does technical certification helps( i do not have any now) or doing masters only makes a difference
Not necessary to be masters. Please research what is in demand/emerging in your line and see if you can learn those. example machine learning, AI, cybersecurity, cloud, etc. These are just examples.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3960
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am
Answers: 1

Re: PR application result for Dec 2019 applications

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 20 Aug 2020 10:06 am

TropicalExpat wrote:
Thu, 20 Aug 2020 9:50 am

As I've said in prior posts I like to think of 10k per person per month as a the minimum starting point. Both your current salaries calculate up to around 7k per month.
Yes, as you said there are other factors too. And I would like to differ on the minimum starting point for salary that you have mentioned as 10K.

rajspy84
Member
Member
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu, 17 Aug 2017 5:41 pm

Re: PR application result for Dec 2019 applications

Post by rajspy84 » Thu, 20 Aug 2020 10:26 am

Thanks TropicalExpat & SF.
Yes thats right question - how am I adding more to Singapore, than I am taking away? Maybe I will apply PR once i have clear answer to this. One of things which i forget to put in my application earlier is that "I mentored interns (5 in last 2 years) and groomed them to get ready for their jobs in my company`. That can be one thing(but not major one). I will try to work on more to get more integrated into Singapore than I am now.

tat.guy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu, 20 Aug 2020 9:33 am

Re: PR application result for Dec 2019 applications

Post by tat.guy » Thu, 20 Aug 2020 1:04 pm

rajspy84 wrote:
Thu, 20 Aug 2020 8:17 am
I got my rejection today after applying in Dec 2019 and my letter simple states that "they have considered my application including supporting documents. We regret to inform you that your application is unsuccessful".

For others letter i have seen it has this as well "All SPR applications are assessed holistically under the prevailing criteria, including economic contribution, education qualifications and integration with Singapore society among other things." But it is missing from mine. Does it mean anything? Maybe I am reading too much into this

Anyway this is Our profile.

Age: 32
Race: Indian
Gender: Male
Marital Status: Married for 6 years
Education: Engineering Graduate from India
Job: Senior Software Engineer in company which is in software services for architecture, engineering, construction, manufacturing, media, education, and entertainment industries.
Length of stay in Singapore: almost 3 years (worked in the same company till now)
Income Tax Assessment : 3 Submitted
Total Job Experience: 9 Years
Salary:100k+
Pass: EP

applying with
- my wife in EP (72k+), Engineering Graduate and been here for 2 years ( working in the insurance company as Software engineer and submitted 2 Tax assessment)
- my son - 4-year-old

Any suggestion to improve my profile. I am thinking to try again after another 2-3 year or I should not apply at all in future
@rajspy sorry to learn that it was unsuccessful. Did they request you to submit any additional documents like CV of family before the outcome. Just trying to see if that is the reason for that messgae

rajspy84
Member
Member
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu, 17 Aug 2017 5:41 pm

Re: PR application result for Dec 2019 applications

Post by rajspy84 » Thu, 20 Aug 2020 1:07 pm

Nope, no additional request. I think message is generic, do not read too much into it

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3960
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am
Answers: 1

Re: PR application result for Dec 2019 applications

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 20 Aug 2020 1:12 pm

tat.guy wrote:
Thu, 20 Aug 2020 1:04 pm
rajspy84 wrote:
Thu, 20 Aug 2020 8:17 am
I got my rejection today after applying in Dec 2019 and my letter simple states that "they have considered my application including supporting documents. We regret to inform you that your application is unsuccessful".

For others letter i have seen it has this as well "All SPR applications are assessed holistically under the prevailing criteria, including economic contribution, education qualifications and integration with Singapore society among other things." But it is missing from mine. Does it mean anything? Maybe I am reading too much into this

Anyway this is Our profile.

Age: 32
Race: Indian
Gender: Male
Marital Status: Married for 6 years
Education: Engineering Graduate from India
Job: Senior Software Engineer in company which is in software services for architecture, engineering, construction, manufacturing, media, education, and entertainment industries.
Length of stay in Singapore: almost 3 years (worked in the same company till now)
Income Tax Assessment : 3 Submitted
Total Job Experience: 9 Years
Salary:100k+
Pass: EP

applying with
- my wife in EP (72k+), Engineering Graduate and been here for 2 years ( working in the insurance company as Software engineer and submitted 2 Tax assessment)
- my son - 4-year-old

Any suggestion to improve my profile. I am thinking to try again after another 2-3 year or I should not apply at all in future
@rajspy sorry to learn that it was unsuccessful. Did they request you to submit any additional documents like CV of family before the outcome. Just trying to see if that is the reason for that messgae
Even if they ask additional documents like CV of family, etc. We can't guess based on that. Reason is it may be a random audit or in real to check more about the family background. How will anyone know what exact reason they asked the CV of family for. Trying to guess reasons MAY not work.

tat.guy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu, 20 Aug 2020 9:33 am

Re: PR application result for Dec 2019 applications

Post by tat.guy » Thu, 20 Aug 2020 1:31 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Thu, 20 Aug 2020 1:12 pm
tat.guy wrote:
Thu, 20 Aug 2020 1:04 pm
rajspy84 wrote:
Thu, 20 Aug 2020 8:17 am
I got my rejection today after applying in Dec 2019 and my letter simple states that "they have considered my application including supporting documents. We regret to inform you that your application is unsuccessful".

For others letter i have seen it has this as well "All SPR applications are assessed holistically under the prevailing criteria, including economic contribution, education qualifications and integration with Singapore society among other things." But it is missing from mine. Does it mean anything? Maybe I am reading too much into this

Anyway this is Our profile.

Age: 32
Race: Indian
Gender: Male
Marital Status: Married for 6 years
Education: Engineering Graduate from India
Job: Senior Software Engineer in company which is in software services for architecture, engineering, construction, manufacturing, media, education, and entertainment industries.
Length of stay in Singapore: almost 3 years (worked in the same company till now)
Income Tax Assessment : 3 Submitted
Total Job Experience: 9 Years
Salary:100k+
Pass: EP

applying with
- my wife in EP (72k+), Engineering Graduate and been here for 2 years ( working in the insurance company as Software engineer and submitted 2 Tax assessment)
- my son - 4-year-old

Any suggestion to improve my profile. I am thinking to try again after another 2-3 year or I should not apply at all in future
@rajspy sorry to learn that it was unsuccessful. Did they request you to submit any additional documents like CV of family before the outcome. Just trying to see if that is the reason for that messgae
Even if they ask additional documents like CV of family, etc. We can't guess based on that. Reason is it may be a random audit or in real to check more about the family background. How will anyone know what exact reason they asked the CV of family for. Trying to guess reasons MAY not work.
Yes I agree. Was not trying to predict the outcome of the application, as I know all applications are case by case. Just trying to see if there was any relation for that message, and by getting reply it is cleared that it doesn't . Even if it dint help others , it HELPED to clear my doubts for which this forum is . Thanks :D

ferth
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun, 12 Mar 2017 1:57 am

Re: PR application result for Dec 2019 applications

Post by ferth » Mon, 12 Oct 2020 12:13 pm

did anyone get their outcome informed recently? mine still pending, applied in dec 2019.

MADINA
Member
Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat, 14 Oct 2017 7:35 am

Re: PR application result for Dec 2019 applications

Post by MADINA » Mon, 12 Oct 2020 1:47 pm

We got rejected, applied Dec 2019 :(

dhuang
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue, 21 Jul 2020 8:15 pm

Re: PR application result for Dec 2019 applications

Post by dhuang » Mon, 12 Oct 2020 3:09 pm

I applied in October 2019 and also pending.

Given the stated processing time is 4-6 months, has anyone tried writing to ICA before to request for an update?

ferth
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun, 12 Mar 2017 1:57 am

Re: PR application result for Dec 2019 applications

Post by ferth » Mon, 12 Oct 2020 3:16 pm

means its been 1 year ? did they send you a letter to inform you that it will be delay? i have a friend that applied in august 2019. and they receive the letter during circuit breaker. and she received outcome notification this year july/aug.

dhuang
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue, 21 Jul 2020 8:15 pm

Re: PR application result for Dec 2019 applications

Post by dhuang » Mon, 12 Oct 2020 3:30 pm

Yes it has been a year. I did not receive any letter informing me of a delay in processing but ICA did contact me in June 2020 to request for CV of family, which I provided. Since then, haven't heard any update.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests