Singapore Expats

3rd Time PR Rejected, why keep rejected?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
TanKianWee
Regular
Regular

3rd Time PR Rejected, why keep rejected?

Post by TanKianWee » Fri, 03 Jul 2020 9:34 pm

I just came to know on yesterday 2 July 2020 1:08am checked on ICA website and my PR application has been rejected. I am going to have baby in coming first week of September.

Appreciate someone can give comment what is the reason keep rejecting my application?
And should i try to appeal the PR application since just rejected within 6 months time?

I am thinking of some reason as below :
1. Will that because of not in Singapore for quite long?
Due to Covid 19, i back to Malaysia since 13 March and till now still in Malaysia, it is nearly 4 months not in Singapore.

2. I have a bad debt in Malaysia, and in Bank of Malaysia stated my financial status under debt consolidation plan and have cancelled all the credit cards and personal loan?

3. My wife have been blacklisted for not to enter to Malaysia? however, her blacklist is cleared, and she is now in Malaysia with me.

4. Basic salary too low and not even eligible for Dependant Pass. My basic is SGD4992, after CPF allowance is SGD5841 per month?

5. My first job in Singapore after 6th month directly apply manual PR application, while i am waiting my PR application, i have changed job and my EP have cancelled, the NOA have shown "Clearance" before? And the application interval is the longest among 3 of my application, about 7 months only got rejected.

6. Job hopping too much previously, like every year changing jobs?

About My Details :
Race : Malaysian Chinese
Marital Status : Married
Religion : Buddhist
Education : Degree in Software Engineer (UK)
Current Field of Work : Credit Services, Finance
Current Job : Associate Solution Engineer
Length of stay in Singapore : 3 Year
No of tax return : Year 2017 & 2018 NOA & 2019 NOA
Salary Declared with IRAS 2020 Assessment : SGD75,154
Pass : EP (Renewed in 25 December 2019) (Expiring in 23 April 2023)

Third Application Rejected Date : 27 June 2020
Application Date : 27 December 2019
Rejected Interval : 6 Months
Pass : EP
Remarks : ePR Application, me and my Myanmar wife applying together, she is a housewife.

Second Application Rejected Date : 13 May 2019
Application Date : 5 January 2019
Rejected Interval : 4 Months 8 Days
Remarks : ePR Application, Only myself without applying with wife

First Application Rejected Date : 6 July 2018
Application Date : 6 December 2017
Rejected Interval : 7 Months
Remarks : Manual Application, Only myself without applying with wife

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: 3rd Time PR Rejected, why keep rejected?

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 03 Jul 2020 10:11 pm

TanKianWee wrote:
Fri, 03 Jul 2020 9:34 pm
I just came to know on yesterday 2 July 2020 1:08am checked on ICA website and my PR application has been rejected. I am going to have baby in coming first week of September.

Appreciate someone can give comment what is the reason keep rejecting my application?
And should i try to appeal the PR application since just rejected within 6 months time?

Due to Covid 19, i back to Malaysia since 13 March and till now still in Malaysia, it is nearly 4 months not in Singapore.

2. I have a bad debt in Malaysia, and in Bank of Malaysia stated my financial status under debt consolidation plan and have cancelled all the credit cards and personal loan?

3. My wife have been blacklisted for not to enter to Malaysia? however, her blacklist is cleared, and she is now in Malaysia with me.

4. Basic salary too low and not even eligible for Dependant Pass. My basic is SGD4992, after CPF allowance is SGD5841 per month?

5. My first job in Singapore after 6th month directly apply manual PR application, while i am waiting my PR application, i have changed job and my EP have cancelled, the NOA have shown "Clearance" before? And the application interval is the longest among 3 of my application, about 7 months only got rejected.

About My Details :

Remarks : ePR Application, me and my Myanmar wife applying together, she is a housewife.

Looks many issues like bad debt, blacklist, etc. Not going to be easy for you really.
Also 3 years, 3 Rejections

TanKianWee
Regular
Regular

Post by TanKianWee » Fri, 03 Jul 2020 10:21 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Fri, 03 Jul 2020 10:11 pm
TanKianWee wrote:

About My Details :

Looks many issues like bad debt, blacklist, etc. Not going to be easy for you really.
Thanks singaporeflyer. However my bad debt have just released. I am thinking should I appeal or wait for some years only apply again... your input much appreciated.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 03 Jul 2020 10:22 pm

TanKianWee wrote:
Fri, 03 Jul 2020 10:21 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
TanKianWee wrote:

About My Details :

Thanks singaporeflyer. However my bad debt have just released. I am thinking should I appeal or wait for some years only apply again... your input much appreciated.
What matters is that you had a history of bad debt. I dont think appeal is going to help

TanKianWee
Regular
Regular

Post by TanKianWee » Fri, 03 Jul 2020 10:25 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Fri, 03 Jul 2020 10:22 pm
TanKianWee wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:

What matters is that you had a history of bad debt. I dont think appeal is going to help
Hmm what about wait for another 2 years and stay at the same company and try again?

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 03 Jul 2020 10:27 pm

TanKianWee wrote:
Fri, 03 Jul 2020 10:25 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
TanKianWee wrote:

Hmm what about wait for another 2 years and stay at the same company and try again?
If problem is your history of bad debt, how will waiting for 2 years and staying the same company help? Also you said your spouse had a history of blacklisting. All this in my view cant be undone.

While I feel sad for you, you must be happy that your EP is OK and if you manage to get a DP for her?

But I truly understand how sad it feels when PR gets rejected few times.

TanKianWee
Regular
Regular

Post by TanKianWee » Fri, 03 Jul 2020 10:34 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Fri, 03 Jul 2020 10:27 pm
TanKianWee wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:

If problem is your history of bad debt, how will waiting for 2 years and staying the same company help? Also you said your spouse had a history of blacklisting. All this in my view cant be undone.

While I feel sad for you, you must be happy that your EP is OK and if you manage to get a DP for her?

My bad debt is the government restructure program in malaysia (AKPK), it key criteria is must cancel all the credit card and personal loan. I have just settled my status with bank of malaysia.and it is not bankcrupt status so that the EP still eligible. Yes I am planning next year to arrange my wife for DP.

My wife have released the blacklist since year 2018.

I am not sure whether is there still have chance to apply again in future? :(

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 03 Jul 2020 10:43 pm

TanKianWee wrote:
Fri, 03 Jul 2020 10:34 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
TanKianWee wrote:

My bad debt is the government restructure program in malaysia (AKPK), it key criteria is must cancel all the credit card and personal loan. I have just settled my status with bank of malaysia.and it is not bankcrupt status so that the EP still eligible. Yes I am planning next year to arrange my wife for DP.

You didn't understand what i said. Please read my last post

TanKianWee
Regular
Regular

Post by TanKianWee » Fri, 03 Jul 2020 10:51 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Fri, 03 Jul 2020 10:43 pm
TanKianWee wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:

Hmm but the history should like after some years will not keeping anymore right? Like 7 years above or 10 years?

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 03 Jul 2020 10:57 pm

TanKianWee wrote:
Fri, 03 Jul 2020 10:51 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
TanKianWee wrote:

Hmm but the history should like after some years will not keeping anymore right? Like 7 years above or 10 years?
I dont think so. PR and Citizenship is long term. For these cases, history wont be erased after 7-10 years. For example, Even for some visa applications they dont ask have you been banned from entering any country in the last 7-10 years? It is the entire history that is taken into consideration.

TanKianWee
Regular
Regular

Post by TanKianWee » Fri, 03 Jul 2020 11:02 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Fri, 03 Jul 2020 10:57 pm
TanKianWee wrote:
Fri, 03 Jul 2020 10:51 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:

I dont think so. PR and Citizenship is long term. For these cases, history wont be erased after 7-10 years. For example, Even for some visa applications they dont ask have you been banned from entering any country in the last 7-10 years? It is the entire history that is taken into consideration.
Yes agree with you thanks so much your respond Singaporeflyer. I think I will just continue work in Singapore by using EP and arrange DP for my wife in future.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Sat, 04 Jul 2020 9:46 am

The "problem" is you are not pure Chinese blood family. That's all. That means you get put into the others category which has an extremely limited number of yearly approvals. Honestly I don't think the debt issue has anything to do with it.

Divorce your wife, wait a year or two and then remarry w pure Chinese woman (she must have Chinese name and ancestry) and apply again (if PR is that important).
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

TanKianWee
Regular
Regular

Post by TanKianWee » Sat, 04 Jul 2020 10:10 am

PNGMK wrote:
Sat, 04 Jul 2020 9:46 am
The "problem" is you are not pure Chinese blood family. That's all. That means you get put into the others category which has an extremely limited number of yearly approvals. Honestly I don't think the debt issue has anything to do with it.

Divorce your wife, wait a year or two and then remarry w pure Chinese woman (she must have Chinese name and ancestry) and apply again (if PR is that important).
Hi PNGMK, thanks for your reply. Then what about if i apply again only after 2 years?
Our baby will deliver in coming September.

Some scenario below not sure will work?
1. Together with my wife and our baby boy.
2. Only myself.
3. Only myself and my baby boy.

TanKianWee
Regular
Regular

Post by TanKianWee » Sat, 04 Jul 2020 2:42 pm

Hi All,

I just got the letter from my tenant, he helped me to take picture and send to me.
Any idea what is the meaning for the letter?

Thank you for your interest in Singapore Permanent Residence (SPR). All SPR applications are assessed holistically under the prevailing criteria, including economic contribution, education qualifications and integration with Singapore society among other things.

2. We have considered your application, including supporting documents. We regret to inform you that your application is not successful.

Thanks & Regards,
Kian Wee

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Sat, 04 Jul 2020 4:53 pm

TanKianWee wrote:
Sat, 04 Jul 2020 2:42 pm
Hi All,

I just got the letter from my tenant, he helped me to take picture and send to me.
Any idea what is the meaning for the letter?

Thank you for your interest in Singapore Permanent Residence (SPR). All SPR applications are assessed holistically under the prevailing criteria, including economic contribution, education qualifications and integration with Singapore society among other things.

2. We have considered your application, including supporting documents. We regret to inform you that your application is not successful.

Thanks & Regards,
Kian Wee
It means PR is considered based on a group of factors and not just 1-2 criteria. They have considered your application with all the additional documents that you have provided and then made this decision for Rejection.