Singapore Expats

3rd Time PR Rejected, why keep rejected?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
TanKianWee
Regular
Regular

Re: 3rd Time PR Rejected, why keep rejected?

Post by TanKianWee » Sat, 04 Jul 2020 6:04 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Sat, 04 Jul 2020 4:53 pm
TanKianWee wrote:
Sat, 04 Jul 2020 2:42 pm
Hi All,

I just got the letter from my tenant, he helped me to take picture and send to me.
Any idea what is the meaning for the letter?

Thank you for your interest in Singapore Permanent Residence (SPR). All SPR applications are assessed holistically under the prevailing criteria, including economic contribution, education qualifications and integration with Singapore society among other things.

2. We have considered your application, including supporting documents. We regret to inform you that your application is not successful.

Thanks & Regards,
Kian Wee
It means PR is considered based on a group of factors and not just 1-2 criteria. They have considered your application with all the additional documents that you have provided and then made this decision for Rejection.
Hi thanks so much singaporeflyer. But normally they provided different template of rejection letter have different meaning.

Does this letter have specified like what the highest possibility rejected my application? Seems like they mentioned education qualifications, economic contribution and integration with Singapore society that I have done but still lack of some criteria right?

therat
Editor
Editor
Answers: 2

Post by therat » Sat, 04 Jul 2020 7:38 pm

You think too much and micro every single line.

Do you think we can able to know what ICA is thinking?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

TanKianWee
Regular
Regular

Post by TanKianWee » Sat, 04 Jul 2020 9:54 pm

therat wrote:
Sat, 04 Jul 2020 7:38 pm
You think too much and micro every single line.

Do you think we can able to know what ICA is thinking?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
Hi therat. Thanks for your message. Yes... thinking so much now because of 3rd time rejected...
Agree with you that we cannot guess what ICA is thinking...

jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jamie9vardy » Sat, 04 Jul 2020 10:54 pm

TanKianWee wrote:Hi therat. Thanks for your message. Yes... thinking so much now because of 3rd time rejected...
Not only you can’t guess what ICA is thinking, ICA will not want you to know their cards by keeping it as generic as possible. So that you and the wider population cannot tailor their applications.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Sun, 05 Jul 2020 8:40 am

TanKianWee wrote:
Sat, 04 Jul 2020 10:10 am
PNGMK wrote:
Sat, 04 Jul 2020 9:46 am
The "problem" is you are not pure Chinese blood family. That's all. That means you get put into the others category which has an extremely limited number of yearly approvals. Honestly I don't think the debt issue has anything to do with it.

Divorce your wife, wait a year or two and then remarry w pure Chinese woman (she must have Chinese name and ancestry) and apply again (if PR is that important).
Hi PNGMK, thanks for your reply. Then what about if i apply again only after 2 years?
Our baby will deliver in coming September.

Some scenario below not sure will work?
1. Together with my wife and our baby boy.
2. Only myself.
3. Only myself and my baby boy.
Applying without your family is almost a guarantee of rejection. You have to apply as a family.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

TanKianWee
Regular
Regular

Post by TanKianWee » Sun, 05 Jul 2020 12:08 pm

jamie9vardy wrote:
Sat, 04 Jul 2020 10:54 pm
TanKianWee wrote:Hi therat. Thanks for your message. Yes... thinking so much now because of 3rd time rejected...
Not only you can’t guess what ICA is thinking, ICA will not want you to know their cards by keeping it as generic as possible. So that you and the wider population cannot tailor their applications.
hi jamie9vardy, thanks so much for your reply, what do you see should i try again after like 2 to 3 years continue work in the same company, then will be 5 years of service in the same company. Because i started work since year 2008 till now total work in IT Industry about 12 Years however i have joined about 12 companies before... which about 1 year changing 1 company, that's why not sure will that because of job hopping too much or what... i also cannot put fake working history, it consider lie to ICA Immigration...

TanKianWee
Regular
Regular

Post by TanKianWee » Sun, 05 Jul 2020 12:11 pm

PNGMK wrote:
Sun, 05 Jul 2020 8:40 am
TanKianWee wrote:
Sat, 04 Jul 2020 10:10 am
PNGMK wrote:
Sat, 04 Jul 2020 9:46 am
The "problem" is you are not pure Chinese blood family. That's all. That means you get put into the others category which has an extremely limited number of yearly approvals. Honestly I don't think the debt issue has anything to do with it.

Divorce your wife, wait a year or two and then remarry w pure Chinese woman (she must have Chinese name and ancestry) and apply again (if PR is that important).
Hi PNGMK, thanks for your reply. Then what about if i apply again only after 2 years?
Our baby will deliver in coming September.

Some scenario below not sure will work?
1. Together with my wife and our baby boy.
2. Only myself.
3. Only myself and my baby boy.
Applying without your family is almost a guarantee of rejection. You have to apply as a family.
Thanks PNGMK. I think after 2 to 3 years to apply together with our baby boy together... Sigh... not sure will get approval after 2 to 3 years or not :(

jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jamie9vardy » Sun, 05 Jul 2020 12:57 pm

TanKianWee wrote:hi jamie9vardy, thanks so much for your reply, what do you see should i try again after like 2 to 3 years continue work in the same company, then will be 5 years of service in the same company. Because i started work since year 2008 till now total work in IT Industry about 12 Years however i have joined about 12 companies before... which about 1 year changing 1 company, that's why not sure will that because of job hopping too much or what... i also cannot put fake working history, it consider lie to ICA Immigration...
Kian Wee, I think the job hopping part is not the main reason for rejection, if it’s a reason to start with. And of course providing false information to ICA is never an option. You will lose your EP and may be barred from SG altogether.

The main reason is what PNGMK has pointed out - while you’re a Malaysian Chinese and your baby boy will be one when he’s born but your wife being a Burmese doesn’t make yours a pure Chinese family.

TanKianWee
Regular
Regular

Post by TanKianWee » Sun, 05 Jul 2020 6:41 pm

jamie9vardy wrote:
Sun, 05 Jul 2020 12:57 pm
TanKianWee wrote:hi jamie9vardy, thanks so much for your reply, what do you see should i try again after like 2 to 3 years continue work in the same company, then will be 5 years of service in the same company. Because i started work since year 2008 till now total work in IT Industry about 12 Years however i have joined about 12 companies before... which about 1 year changing 1 company, that's why not sure will that because of job hopping too much or what... i also cannot put fake working history, it consider lie to ICA Immigration...
Kian Wee, I think the job hopping part is not the main reason for rejection, if it’s a reason to start with. And of course providing false information to ICA is never an option. You will lose your EP and may be barred from SG altogether.

The main reason is what PNGMK has pointed out - while you’re a Malaysian Chinese and your baby boy will be one when he’s born but your wife being a Burmese doesn’t make yours a pure Chinese family.
jamie9vardy, thanks for your reply. yes... sigh... but not sure after 2 years to 3 years our baby boy got the Malaysia Passport and IC then only try again to apply the Singapore PR... wish that time can more easier to get approve, because the whole family to apply together... not sure will work or not...

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Sun, 05 Jul 2020 6:51 pm

TanKianWee wrote:
Sun, 05 Jul 2020 6:41 pm
jamie9vardy wrote:

jamie9vardy, thanks for your reply. yes... sigh... but not sure after 2 years to 3 years our baby boy got the Malaysia Passport and IC then only try again to apply the Singapore PR... wish that time can more easier to get approve, because the whole family to apply together... not sure will work or not...
You take bits from each of our views.

TanKianWee
Regular
Regular

Post by TanKianWee » Sun, 05 Jul 2020 6:57 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Sun, 05 Jul 2020 6:51 pm
TanKianWee wrote:
jamie9vardy wrote:

Yalor Singaporeflyer. hehe. Thanks so much your view, jamie9vardy, PNGMK and also therat.
Even through i am thinking of take a Master Degree in Software Engineering with NUS. Will take the part time course not sure will help or not, it seems like only this year they implemented the Student Studying in Singapore can apply Singapore PR. Last year like do not have this option am i right?

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Sun, 05 Jul 2020 6:59 pm

TanKianWee wrote:
Sun, 05 Jul 2020 6:57 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
TanKianWee wrote:

Yalor Singaporeflyer. hehe. Thanks so much your view, jamie9vardy, PNGMK and also therat.
Even through i am thinking of take a Master Degree in Software Engineering with NUS. Will take the part time course not sure will help or not, it seems like only this year they implemented the Student Studying in Singapore can apply Singapore PR. Last year like do not have this option am i right?
It is not going to work. You are trying to do things to just get your PR. Do you know the student option for PR is there for the past 2-3 years and what education qualifies for it?

https://www.ica.gov.sg/docs/default-sou ... dents).pdf

Dont try to do things just to get your PR. ICA will be clearly aware of all these.

TanKianWee
Regular
Regular

Post by TanKianWee » Sun, 05 Jul 2020 7:07 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Sun, 05 Jul 2020 6:59 pm
TanKianWee wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:

It is not going to work. You are trying to do things to just get your PR. Do you know the student option for PR is there for the past 2-3 years and what education qualifies for it?

Dont try to do things just to get your PR. ICA will be clearly aware of all these.
Yes, true also no point to purposely to get the qualification for the PR...
Nevermind, i think i will just try again after 2 to 3 years together with our Baby Boy during that time...

Actually my this third PR application also hired the Immigration Agency to help to submit application... but do not work too, advised by my company HR about someone tried many times is not able to get the PR approved, after hired the Immigration Agency and the colleague got approved with his PR.

TanKianWee
Regular
Regular

Post by TanKianWee » Sun, 05 Jul 2020 7:08 pm

TanKianWee wrote:
Sun, 05 Jul 2020 7:07 pm
singaporeflyer wrote:
Sun, 05 Jul 2020 6:59 pm
TanKianWee wrote:

Yes, true also no point to purposely to get the qualification for the PR...
Nevermind, i think i will just try again after 2 to 3 years together with our Baby Boy during that time...

Actually my this third time PR application also hired the Immigration Agency to help to submit application... but do not work too, advised by my company HR about someone tried many times is not able to get the PR approved, after hired the Immigration Agency and the colleague got approved with his PR.

jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jamie9vardy » Sun, 05 Jul 2020 7:45 pm

TanKianWee wrote:Yes, true also no point to purposely to get the qualification for the PR...

Actually my this third PR application also hired the Immigration Agency to help to submit application... but do not work too, advised by my company HR about someone tried many times is not able to get the PR approved, after hired the Immigration Agency and the colleague got approved with his PR.
To be honest, other than your family’s profile, your income level is a tad too low for the years of experience and your age. So, I reckon you need to be earning the qualifying salary for DP before you put in the next PR application. 2 to 3 year later you’ll be into your 40’s. While not impossible, your chances will definitely decrease.

You may want to consider a Plan B, which is to put your wife and kid in JB, then commute daily for work or go to JB for the weekend to be with your family. I’m not writing off your PR dreams, but we need be realistic here.