Singapore Expats Forum
 

Should I apply for pr now?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Post Reply
ashwani.kumar-m
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri, 03 Jul 2020 10:18 am

Should I apply for pr now?

Post by ashwani.kumar-m » Fri, 03 Jul 2020 10:45 am

Hi respected members of the forum, I am thinking of applying for Singapore pr below is my profile, it would be really great if you can give feedback.

Age:23
Nationality : Indian
Gender: male
Marital status: single
Education: bachelors in engineering from India (btech 2019 graduate from IIT)
Length of stay in Singapore : 11 months
Income tax : paid once recently
Total job experience: 11 months
Base salary: ~80k
Pass: EP

Here is the storyline: recently i was googling about Singapore pr, I came across an agent they called me over their office for a demo consultancy. Looking at the profile they said I should apply for pr asap (ofcourse they are pushing me for $$$, their charge is 7k$). Now I am thinking of applying on my own to try my luck out. Any comments on my application is helpful. Also I want to know that if any previous failed attempt for pr impacts negatively for future applications? And should I even apply now?

I have been in Singapore since I graduated last year (2019)from India. I work for an asset management firm as a researcher, the firm hired me straight from my university. So I don’t possess much experience or higher education. The main reason I am curious is I think given the present situation (election + covid) the chances of approval would be either very high (because of lower number of applicants, job uncertainties, slow economic growth, etc.) or very very low (WP has been always in favour for Singaporean first so higher share of WP in the parliament may make it very difficult or during crisis the government may reduce pr quota).

Thank you
Yours faithfully
Kumar

User avatar
jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 451
Joined: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 11:12 pm

Should I apply for pr now?

Post by jamie9vardy » Fri, 03 Jul 2020 11:07 am

ashwani.kumar-m wrote:Hi respected members of the forum, I am thinking of applying for Singapore pr below is my profile, it would be really great if you can give feedback.

Age:23
Nationality : Indian
Gender: male
Marital status: single
Education: bachelors in engineering from India (btech 2019 graduate from IIT)
Length of stay in Singapore : 11 months
Income tax : paid once recently
Total job experience: 11 months
Base salary: ~80k
Pass: EP

Here is the storyline: recently i was googling about Singapore pr, I came across an agent they called me over their office for a demo consultancy. Looking at the profile they said I should apply for pr asap (ofcourse they are pushing me for $$$, their charge is 7k$). Now I am thinking of applying on my own to try my luck out. Any comments on my application is helpful. Also I want to know that if any previous failed attempt for pr impacts negatively for future applications? And should I even apply now?

I have been in Singapore since I graduated last year (2019)from India. I work for an asset management firm as a researcher, the firm hired me straight from my university. So I don’t possess much experience or higher education. The main reason I am curious is I think given the present situation (election + covid) the chances of approval would be either very high (because of lower number of applicants, job uncertainties, slow economic growth, etc.) or very very low (WP has been always in favour for Singaporean first so higher share of WP in the parliament may make it very difficult or during crisis the government may reduce pr quota).

Thank you
Yours faithfully
Kumar
Hahaha... very high? This is only true if you come from the country north of Singapore, speak 3 of the official languages of Singapore, English, Malay, Chinese or Tamil, having stayed in SG for at least a year, decent pay, in mid-20’s to 30’s.

If you bother to go through this forum, you’ll see how many pending applications are out there.

In fact, you should count yourself lucky to be able to secure a job in SG straight from university. It is people like yourself that WP (not so drastic) and SDP or PSP are targeting. They will ask why can’t this job be given to a fresh grad from the local uni and the company needs to hire a foreigner fresh grad with zero experience to take the job opportunities away from locals. Maybe this is the year the incumbent will finally learn their lessons.

(For all you know, your post may have been picked up by some oppie supporters and may be making its way onto A-S-S Image)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User avatar
PNGMK
Governor
Governor
Posts: 7563
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 9:06 pm
Location: Sinkapore

Re: Should I apply for pr now?

Post by PNGMK » Fri, 03 Jul 2020 11:43 am

You have no chance of PR in this current market with such a short stay and being an Indian national. Please remit half of the the $7,000 I saved you to my paypal account.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

ashwani.kumar-m
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri, 03 Jul 2020 10:18 am

Re: Should I apply for pr now?

Post by ashwani.kumar-m » Fri, 03 Jul 2020 11:50 am

PNGMK wrote:
Fri, 03 Jul 2020 11:43 am
You have no chance of PR in this current market with such a short stay and being an Indian national. Please remit half of the the $7,000 I saved you to my paypal account.
Thank you for the valuable feedback. I completely understand that my profile is very weak. I want to know if I get rejected then will that impact negatively in my future application?

User avatar
PNGMK
Governor
Governor
Posts: 7563
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 9:06 pm
Location: Sinkapore

Re: Should I apply for pr now?

Post by PNGMK » Fri, 03 Jul 2020 1:07 pm

ashwani.kumar-m wrote:
Fri, 03 Jul 2020 11:50 am
PNGMK wrote:
Fri, 03 Jul 2020 11:43 am
You have no chance of PR in this current market with such a short stay and being an Indian national. Please remit half of the the $7,000 I saved you to my paypal account.
Thank you for the valuable feedback. I completely understand that my profile is very weak. I want to know if I get rejected then will that impact negatively in my future application?
I don't believe so.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2970
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 9:49 am

Re: Should I apply for pr now?

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 03 Jul 2020 7:49 pm

ashwani.kumar-m wrote:
Fri, 03 Jul 2020 11:50 am
PNGMK wrote:
Fri, 03 Jul 2020 11:43 am
You have no chance of PR in this current market with such a short stay and being an Indian national. Please remit half of the the $7,000 I saved you to my paypal account.
Thank you for the valuable feedback. I completely understand that my profile is very weak. I want to know if I get rejected then will that impact negatively in my future application?
May show to them that you are desperate.

TropicalExpat
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 323
Joined: Thu, 28 May 2020 5:02 pm

Re: Should I apply for pr now?

Post by TropicalExpat » Tue, 07 Jul 2020 1:44 pm

Despite what some may say, the civil service is packed with smart people. In this current poor job environment, they probably have assumed people will be laid off. That's why the budget income measures supported Singaporeans and PRs only. This then put pressure of companies to lay off foreigners (unfortunately for you) and given the economic situation, jobs are going to be increasingly hard to find; even more so for foreigners. Read some of the expat forums and they tell the tale of expats being laid off and having to go back home.

Other things that don't help your case is that 1) your salary is low; 2) you have barely been in Singapore; 3) you have barely any experience.

I wish you all the best though.

User avatar
abbby
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1016
Joined: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 3:00 am
Answers: 1
Location: Tiny Island

Re: Should I apply for pr now?

Post by abbby » Tue, 07 Jul 2020 5:47 pm

I think your profile is very common to many applicants so there's nothing special about it. Especially in the engineering field where there are already plenty locals who are engineers, and your pay wise is also average. So I think chances are low.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests