Singapore Expats

Does PR expire when REP does?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: Does PR expire when REP does?

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 01 Jul 2020 12:25 pm

meeeeeeel wrote:
Wed, 01 Jul 2020 12:16 pm
jamie9vardy wrote:
Wed, 01 Jul 2020 12:12 pm
How did you obtain your PR? PTS or family scheme? I reckon it’s PTS since you’re concerned about your income.

Like what SF pointed out, ICA will anyway know your employment status and income level through other agencies such as IRAS and CPF board. That’s why ICA can grant renewal instantaneously for a BAU case.

If you insist on waiting for a year post expiry then it’s a risk you need to take. No one here can tell for certain if ICA will renew your PR, or make the decision for you. You will need to be prepared to explain to ICA in person, provide more supporting documents and why you deliberately not renew it. But it seems like you have pretty made up your mind then go ahead and wait till end of next year. There is no need to come here to seek the reassurance that no one is able to provide you with.
im considering my options. also i obtained through family when i was 15. im 30 now
After 21, you are an independent PR and will not be treated as a Dependent PR. I think even the last renewal you were independent?

meeeeeeel

Post by meeeeeeel » Wed, 01 Jul 2020 12:58 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Wed, 01 Jul 2020 12:25 pm
meeeeeeel wrote:
Wed, 01 Jul 2020 12:16 pm
jamie9vardy wrote:
Wed, 01 Jul 2020 12:12 pm
How did you obtain your PR? PTS or family scheme? I reckon it’s PTS since you’re concerned about your income.

Like what SF pointed out, ICA will anyway know your employment status and income level through other agencies such as IRAS and CPF board. That’s why ICA can grant renewal instantaneously for a BAU case.

If you insist on waiting for a year post expiry then it’s a risk you need to take. No one here can tell for certain if ICA will renew your PR, or make the decision for you. You will need to be prepared to explain to ICA in person, provide more supporting documents and why you deliberately not renew it. But it seems like you have pretty made up your mind then go ahead and wait till end of next year. There is no need to come here to seek the reassurance that no one is able to provide you with.
im considering my options. also i obtained through family when i was 15. im 30 now
After 21, you are an independent PR and will not be treated as a Dependent PR. I think even the last renewal you were independent?
i think so. so my application is based on PTS scheme? even though it was via family initially ?

jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter

Does PR expire when REP does?

Post by jamie9vardy » Wed, 01 Jul 2020 1:18 pm

meeeeeeel wrote:i think so. so my application is based on PTS scheme? even though it was via family initially ?
Your REP renewal application and SC application, if you decide to, will be assessed under PTS criteria. You can no longer rely on family ties even though you got it through family tie scheme originally.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 01 Jul 2020 1:39 pm

jamie9vardy wrote:
Wed, 01 Jul 2020 1:18 pm
meeeeeeel wrote:i think so. so my application is based on PTS scheme? even though it was via family initially ?
Your REP renewal application and SC application, if you decide to, will be assessed under PTS criteria. You can no longer rely on family ties even though you got it through family tie scheme originally.
As long as you are continuosly employed with no negative records, your REP will be OK

meeeeeeel

Post by meeeeeeel » Wed, 01 Jul 2020 1:57 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Wed, 01 Jul 2020 1:39 pm
jamie9vardy wrote:
Wed, 01 Jul 2020 1:18 pm
As long as you are continuosly employed with no negative records, your REP will be OK
what do you mean 'negative records'?

jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jamie9vardy » Wed, 01 Jul 2020 2:12 pm

meeeeeeel wrote:what do you mean 'negative records'?
Criminal records? Can be as simple as a fine / penalty during Covid for not wearing a mask to shop lifting to involving in a brawl, insulting or obstructing a public servant from discharging his duties. Who knows?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk