Singapore Expats

Singapore Expats - "Privacy policy"

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
martincymru
Reporter
Reporter

Singapore Expats - "Privacy policy"

Post by martincymru » Mon, 29 Jun 2020 3:10 pm

"Your information for your account at “Singapore Expats” is protected by data-protection laws applicable in the country that hosts us. Any information beyond your user name, your password, and your email address required by “Singapore Expats” during the registration process is either mandatory or optional, at the discretion of “Singapore Expats”."

Bit confused by last sentence especially "at the discretion of “Singapore Expats”."

x9200

Re: Singapore Expats - "Privacy policy"

Post by x9200 » Mon, 29 Jun 2020 3:25 pm

martincymru wrote:
Mon, 29 Jun 2020 3:10 pm
"Your information for your account at “Singapore Expats” is protected by data-protection laws applicable in the country that hosts us. Any information beyond your user name, your password, and your email address required by “Singapore Expats” during the registration process is either mandatory or optional, at the discretion of “Singapore Expats”."

Bit confused by last sentence especially "at the discretion of “Singapore Expats”."
IMO, it just means that “Singapore Expats” is to decide what information is required (must be provided) for the registration.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Singapore Expats - "Privacy policy"

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 29 Jun 2020 5:43 pm

Did you have to give any other information beyond the User Name, Password & email address?
I don't believe you did.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers